Making front bunk mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making front bunk mounts

Designing, fabricating new style front bunk mounts, welding done by mechanics that know how to weld aluminum. Also fabbing a side mount step for trailer. More to follow.
    BWP

This is step prior to welding, it will mount port side trailer for climbing in-out boat. It is upside down for welding.
    BWP

Comment

This is what welder does on side, makes grills! Awesome smoked ribs came off here last week.
      BWP

Comment

Almost finished, boat will be loaded on trailer prior to front bunk setup.
        BWP

Comment

Progress? Needs to be ready by 27th for early Memorial Day fun at sandbar.
          BWP

Comment

More progress, time to jack up and move front keel support, then come along time!
            BWP

Comment

77 SeaSquirt for anyone interested!
              BWP

Comment

Getting there!
                BWP

Comment

Getting there, I hope!
                  BWP

Comment

Shame you put that all together, I've got a set of 3 x 10 x 10' cypress bunks that I was going to use be decided to leave on my old ones. They're actually 2 1/2" x 9 1/2" but they are nicer I think than what you've got. They're yours is you want to come over to WPB and pick them up some day. Nicely stained and beveled. Wouldn't be too difficult to drop the boat in the water and swap them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post
                      Shame you put that all together, I've got a set of 3 x 10 x 10' cypress bunks that I was going to use be decided to leave on my old ones. They're actually 2 1/2" x 9 1/2" but they are nicer I think than what you've got. They're yours is you want to come over to WPB and pick them up some day. Nicely stained and beveled. Wouldn't be too difficult to drop the boat in the water and swap them out.

Great offer SF

Comment

Very nice gesture , where do they sell lumber like that?
                        Last edited by Minnow; 05-21-2017, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Thank you Barry-Sailfish 218! Picked up my new to me cypress bunks and met Sailfish, had a blast talking with him, good guy that likes boats. Thanks again!
                          BWP

Comment

Originally posted by Minnow View Post

Very nice gesture , where do they sell lumber like that?
                            We bought it special order from Jones Lumber Company. It was part of a truckload of cypress that went into trellises on a big house we're redoing on Miami Beach. Had a few leftover pieces.

Any lumber yard can special order cypress of any size.

Comment

We bought it special order from Jones Lumber Company. It was part of a truckload of cypress that went into trellises on a big house we're redoing on Miami Beach. Had a few leftover pieces.

Any lumber yard can special order cypress of any size.
                              A little late but thanks, how important is the bevel on top of the bunk? My bunks are flat on top but the bracket has a slight pitch inward.Should it match the deadrise?

Comment

Working...
                              X