Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Sea Vee with Twin Merc Verado 350s with HD Lowers

Ken,

In contract on an 05 CV 310 with twin Verados. Boat currently has Mirage Plus 19 Pitch Plus props. She tops out at 6000 RPM and 48.5 knots. See attached numbers from sea trial last week.

Tyretime provided me the attached report for a 32 CV with same engines and Bravo 1 4 blade 22 Pitch props that are significantly better.

Any thoughts on this? I’m surprised that 22 Pitch 4 blade props spin so significantly higher than the 19 Pitch, 3 blade Mirages.

The bottom currently is pretty rough and I plan on media blasting when i get the boat. Do you think I should wait and run the boat with a cleaner bottom before changing props?

Thanks in advance.

John

here is a report on the 310 with 225's running 53 MPH. https://www.sportfishingmag.com/boat.../seavee-310-cc
    Your at 55 MPH with 350's.

I'd be curious what YOU would get driving the boat.
    when the mechanics or surveyors go run the boats, they do now always trim correctly and get decent speed.
    You may get better speed and better RPM.
    Most guys really liked the Revolution 4 on the 310.

Earlier this week a guy had a set of my test props, he called to get a lower pitch as he was only getting 5800 RPM with his Verado's. His Mechanic had just run the boat and given him the numbers.
    Then the owner ran the boat himself (with a heavier load) and was turning 6300-6400 and getting much better speed.

I know it says "trimmed correctly" on that readout, but if my customer ask his mechanic "Did you trim correctly?" I guarantee the mechanic would say, of course I did !

I would expect that boat to run high 50's maybe 60 with 350 Verado's and a normal load.

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

Originally posted by ken2 View Post
      here is a report on the 310 with 225's running 53 MPH. https://www.sportfishingmag.com/boat.../seavee-310-cc
      Your at 55 MPH with 350's.

I'd be curious what YOU would get driving the boat.
      when the mechanics or surveyors go run the boats, they do now always trim correctly and get decent speed.
      You may get better speed and better RPM.
      Most guys really liked the Revolution 4 on the 310.

Earlier this week a guy had a set of my test props, he called to get a lower pitch as he was only getting 5800 RPM with his Verado's. His Mechanic had just run the boat and given him the numbers.
      Then the owner ran the boat himself (with a heavier load) and was turning 6300-6400 and getting much better speed.

I know it says "trimmed correctly" on that readout, but if my customer ask his mechanic "Did you trim correctly?" I guarantee the mechanic would say, of course I did !

I would expect that boat to run high 50's maybe 60 with 350 Verado's and a normal load.

Thanks Ken....good advice. I get the boat in a few weeks and will report back after I run her and clean the bottom. Yeah, I expected s little better speed than what surveyor reported.

John

Comment

Working...
      X