Need prop selection guidance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need prop selection guidance

Hi..I have a 2017 Sea Pro 248 DLX powered by a 300 Mercury Verado (salt water edition)..it has the offshore gear setup..I am looking to increase hole shot,and top end. I also have a Bob's 10" offset hydraulic jack plate. I have the stock prop that was supplied with it..it currently runs about 48 with trim and jack plate adjusted. What pitch and prop could I use to improve this? Current setup is a 3 blade with a 20 pitch I think..could not find the pitch on the prop..at least not on the outside..

last guy I had with the same setup ran a 17 Rev 4.

His initial email to me was this.
    I'm disappointed with my 2017 Sea Pro 248 Deluxe and Merc Verado 300 hp top speed. The prop I'm using is an Enertia 13.8 x 20P prop (3 blade). I have a jack plate and top speed with the boat is about 45 mph while trimmed and tilted. I have a 70 gallon fuel tank and about 20 gallons of freshwater in a water tank. The fuel tank and water tank are half full. The jack plate is set to mid scale 10/20 and trim/tilt providing max. top end is 4 to 5 and rpm is 6100.

After he ran the 17 Revolution 4 he emailed this. (I think he was set up perfect)
    Took it out and checked performance today Thursday. It sounds different with this prop and

runs just a little over 50. I need to trim it up to about 6 and then it runs about 6300 rpms and

if the wind blows right it will bump 51 mph. At 6000 rpm's it runs 48.8 mph. I don't know where

the rev limiter is set but I've seen 6500 rpms on the tach. I have the Merc Smart Craft gauges
    along with a Garmin 1040xs GPS/Map unit. Let me know what you think.

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

Hey Ken..Thanks for sending me this..anything else that might get me around 55?

Comment

I can't think of anything.
        Maybe get the older style smaller gearcase, might get a little faster.

Ken Reeves
        KR@Propgods.com
        941-735-5808

Comment

Thank You for taking time out to research..what are those props running right now price wise?

Comment

$629 for a Revolution 4

Ken Reeves
            KR@Propgods.com
            941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
            X