New Mercury Hubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mercury Hubs

I believe Mercury is discontinuing the Flo Torq 4 Hub, and going with the SSR design.

I just got the new Plastic SSR hub. A customer actually told me about it, so I went a got a few.

Mercury originally came out with the SSR style "solid" hub for the 1 1/4 inch fat shaft lower units. They shifted softer then the old style.
    Then they did the SSR 15 spline, "solid" hub for the 1 inch prop shafts. (also softer shifting)
    Now they have the SSR design 15 spline "plastic" hub for the 1 inch prop shafts should shift soft, I'm going to try it on my motor, but I have an old optimax, probably won't be able to notice a difference as you would on a smaller 4 cylinder 4 stroke.
    They don't have it made specifically for a Yamaha yet, but if you had the correct thrust washer, and prop nut, you could make it fit a Yamaha very easily.
    (you could do this with the solid or plastic SSR hubs)

Here are some pictures. Plastic on the left part number 8m0150152 , Solid on the right, part number 8M0101604
    Click image for larger version

Name:	SSR hubs.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	750.5 KB
ID:	99877 Click image for larger version

Name:	SSR 1 hubs.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	869.8 KB
ID:	99875
    Attached Files

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Just a head's up on 1" too. After consulting with my dealer I put on the original 1" SSR versions back in the spring I think it was 8M0101602, to quiet the clunk. I then had problems with lower rpm on both motors, 1 motor down 250rpm on the other, may or may not have been the hubs, no one knows or will say. Merc said change them back to FT4. Merc then announces a DIFFERENT new hub for 2019 and newer (which my 200's are) 8M0150151 (1" version) is to be used now. Just found this out late August from Mercury. Something obviously wasn't right with the earlier 1" application, go figure. I haven't had a chance to test the new ones just yet, but will do so soon.

http://image.e.mercurymarine.com/lib...4d52d682a8.pdf
    Sanibel FL
    Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Interesting.

Ken Reeves
      [email protected]
      941-735-5808

Comment

Following...
        I have a 2020 Mercury 200HP Four Stroke with the FlowTorq IV hub and would be interested to know if there would be any benefit to changing out my current hub for the new SSR
        (Part #8M0150151)?

Comment

Originally posted by BA_Boater View Post
          Following...
          I have a 2020 Mercury 200HP Four Stroke with the FlowTorq IV hub and would be interested to know if there would be any benefit to changing out my current hub for the new SSR
          (Part #8M0150151)?
          I have twin 2019 200's with a set of 13.6x21p Enertia on the boat now and another set of 16x19 ECO Enertia I'm going to try. All have the 8M0150151 hubs on them. Windy weather and family matters are keeping us off the water for another week or so though.
          Sanibel FL
          Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

The Flo Torq 4 hubs worked fine.
            The prop had a loose fit (designed that way) and it bothered some people that just didn't like it fitting loose.
            I haven't tried the new one yet, haven't got to go out in my boat for a couple weeks.

Tom, you'll have to let us know how the new ones fit.

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Thank you for the responses. I agree that the Flow Torq IV hub works well and I have no complaints at all, and the slight amount of play in the prop does not bother me. I'll be interested to hear what you think after you have tried the new SSR hub...

Comment

Working...
              X