Starcraft Tritoon Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starcraft Tritoon Prop

I am hoping there are some experts that can help me sort out the prop for my boat. I have a Starcraft MX23-L Tritoon with the HMX package. I am powered with a Yamaha F200. I thought after a lot of reading and discussion with a local boat dealer that I ordered the right prop, but it appears I am still struggling. I put a Yamaha Reliance SS 14.5” 15p on it and I am only getting 5200rpm at about 32mph trimmed out. I am striving to grt closer to the 6000rpm side.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

how much gear and people do you have on the boat for those numbers?
    Does it let you trim up much, or does it just start to slip when you trim up much?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Two people, 60gallons of full, gear is a small cooler. Trim to the point right before I start losing speed. Started with a 15.5” and 13p mercury prop. 4900rpm 29-30mph wot trimmed
      Last edited by Jcop243; 10-15-2020, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcop243 View Post
        Two people, 60gallons of full, gear is a small cooler. Trim to the point right before I start losing speed. Started with a 15.5” and 13p mercury prop. 5900 29-30mph wot trimmed
        WOW! Your RPM are fine but that top end sucks, even for a TOON!

Comment

Well, I have a Q3 14 pitch that would be interesting to try.
          I'm a little surprised your speed isn't a little better then that. the magazine ad claims 35 with a 150.
          https://www.boatguide.com/review/sta...mx-23l-review/

Its $30 plus shipping if you want to give the Q3 a shot.
          bottom of the boat clean, no growth of any kind? even just a little green slime can really slow you down.

Ken Reeves
          [email protected]
          941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
          X