Prop guidance please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop guidance please

(Sorry for repost - I think I posted int he wrong sub-forum.)

Did a few tests runs today. Just me on the boat and seas were fairly calm. I ran with about 90 gallons of fuel instead of 150 to 180 I usually carry. I normally fish with three total people including myself. I didn’t have any of our fishing gear or 50 lbs ice on board. 50 gallon bait tank was full. Sorry I fell that’s a relevant information… Just trying to get more info than less.

1999 World Cat 266SF (heavy cat)
    Twin 2013 Evinrude 200 HO’s with M2 gear case 1.82:1 ratio
    Optimum rpm is 5700
    i ran 49 mph at 6100 RPM with the light load. I’d guess i was short about 1200-1500 lbs on today’s test.
    Trim was way out at 65%

I never want to run at those speeds again!!! Lol. My goal is to prop the best fuel economy while cruising around 30- 32 mph. I never really run faster than that. With my current Mercury Mirage plus props 15 1/2 x 17 I am usually at 1.5 miles per gallon. Often the seas only allow me to run about 22 to 24 mph and my mpg drops down to about 1 mpg.

Thoughts? Room for improvement? Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by Ediggity; 09-22-2020, 05:02 PM.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Sorry for the delay, I was in Pensacola for a little while cleaning up Hurricane Debris.

Your numbers don't sound bad, your hitting the speed we'd expect with that HP.
      You are at 9% slip, which is very good.
      Sounds like they are doing really well honestly.

Ken Reeves
      [email protected]
      941-735-5808

Comment

Oh man. Hope it wasn’t too bad. Ok thanks for the advice! Would a Rebel 17 pitch basically be identical to where I’m at now? I keep reading that the Rebel props do really well on the ETECs.

Comment

Yeah, the Rebel would be very similar to what you have now. Similar style props, and same size.

Ken Reeves
          [email protected]
          941-735-5808

Comment

Got it... thanks again!

Comment

Working...
            X