Sea Pro 219 - Prop Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sea Pro 219 - Prop Advice

I have a 2020 Sea Pro 219 with a 2020 Suzuki DF175. Dry weight w/ motor is about 3,250lbs. 85gal tank. 17 degree dead rise.

Current prop is 15x21. At WOT, speed is 36-37mph at 5,500rpm. (Full tank, 1 adult and two teens)

Boat tests (for similar boats) on Suzuki marine website seem to suggest WOT rpm should be higher, so thinking over propped.

What size prop would be ideal? Would love a couple more mph, but mostly just want to maximize overall performance (planing, economy, etc)

Would going to 4 blade be worth considering?

thanks for the help

19 and you'd probably accelerate stronger and still run about the same speed.
    4 blade is definitely an option.
    It would give more sternlift, help keep the bow down, keep you on plane at slower speeds, and have more traction in rough water.
    If you don't really have trouble keeping the bow down, and it isn't ventilating or anything, I'd just drop to a 19 3 blade of the same brand/model prop if its doing pretty well.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks Ken. If deciding between 3 and 4 blade options at 19 pitch, should I stay at 15” or should that change too?

Comment

The Suzuki 19 pitch 3 blade is probably 15 1/4 diameter, but whatever it is, it is, there won't be an option on diameter.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X