2015 Skeeter sx2250 4 blade help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Skeeter sx2250 4 blade help

Looking for a good 4 blade for my 2015 Skeeter sx2250 with Yamaha f200 2.8l. Currently running a reliance 3 blade 14.25x18p. Runs 47mph at 5800rpm with a basically empty boat with no trolling motor on the front and 3/4+ tank of gas. Boats has a 6” Atlas jack plate and those numbers are with it at about 2”. Gains rpm but looses speed jacked up more and comes unhooked around 4”. Looking for a prop that gives better hole shot, handling and ability to jack the plate up more if needed. I’ve been eyeing the PowerTech PTZ4 15p. Has anyone had any experience running this boat with this prop? Would a Rev4 or OFX4 be too much prop? Any input would be much appreciated.

Have not done that boat with a 4 cylinder F200
    The PTZ4 would be a great prop to try.
    15 pitch would probably hit the limiter at about 42 MPH though.
    How much does the boat slow down when you load it up?

If you want to get a PTZ4, if it doesn't work, its $35 to return it, so your not stuck with it if it doesn't work.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

I’m honestly not sure, I just got the t-top put on and ran it. I guess I need to throw the trolling motor back on and some weight in it and see. I would say I normally don’t have more than 100lbs of ice and 100lbs of gear give or take in it. Typically always run a full tank and bait well full. Do you think a 16p would be ideal?

Comment

Just give it a run with the boat loaded up like you actually plan to run. see how fast it goes.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Ran the boat empty with just myself ran 48mph at 5800. Ran it loaded down for a normal fishing trip and it hit 46.5mph at 5600. That’s three people and gear. 16p or 15p?

Comment

I'd go 15

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks Ken, I’ll get that ordered from you shortly.

Comment

Got the prop on and tried it out. Ran the boat with three guys and hit 44.5 at 6100rpm. Boat performs better all around, but does lose some grip in turns. Nothing like before. Cruises 30mph at 4100rpm and says 3.9mpg. There is a definite increase in prop chatter. Not sure if I should go up to a 16p or have some cup added.

Comment

I did learn that I had a lot less fuel than had thought. Was under half tank, so I filled it up and will be running it again this weekend and will see what that brings.

Comment

6100 at 44.5 MPH with 1.86 gear ratio is 4% slip, which is really good.
                    If you load it up this weekend and it keeps you off the limiter, I'd say your good.
                    If you still run the same speed and RPM loaded, when I'd say we could either swap it out for a 16, or pitch that one up a little.
                    For the chatter, we can try a little spacer Powertech makes and see if that will take some of that away.
                    its not hurting anything, but its highly annoying.

Ken Reeves
                    [email protected]
                    941-735-5808

Comment

Sounds good, we will see what it does and I’ll get back with you. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Update for others looking for prop information for this boat. Ran the ptz4 15p again, it’s an improvement over the factory prop, but not perfect. Cruising along at 30-32 the prop would periodically lose grip and shoot up 3-400rpm and then grab again. Tried playing with jack plate height with no change. Not overly impressed with this prop. Buddy has a ofx4 17p that I decided to try. It’s a 15 1/4” prop, so 1” bigger. Wasn’t expecting great results, but was super surprised that it performed amazing. Gets up out of the hole quickly, allows the jack plate to be run all the way up without losing grip and holds tight in turns. Feels planted and stable. Able to jack the plate all the way up and tab down and get on plane. Ran 43.5mph at 5700rpm. Also no prop chatter. Ordered the same prop in a 16p, so when that arrives and I run it I will update again. I can’t find any one who has any prop information for this boat, so hopefully this helps others.

Comment

Finally received my new prop and was able to run it. Ran 45.5mph at 6000rpm. Has the same handling and hole shot characteristics as the 17p. Was getting 4.0gph at 30mph. So far it’s perfect. Only downfall is it sucks in reverse, but for everything gained I can live with it. Definitely recommend this prop to anyone with the same boat.

Comment

Thanks for following up !!

Ken Reeves
                            [email protected]
                            941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
                            X