Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha 17m prop series?

Hey guys,

So I have a Yamaha 17m prop on my boat currently. If I am remembering correctly its a 15 1/4 diameter (don't quote me on this one I am not near the boat to verify) and obviously a 17 pitch. Other than the dimensions stamped on the backside of the propeller the only other markings is the 17m stamped on the side. So my question is which family of Yamaha props is this from? Or is 17m its own grouping of props?

Thanks

Ken or Ole will be along to clarify but from my understanding, The M in 17M is just a series of Yamaha props for 150-300 HP.. Here is a description from Yamaha.

"The numbers represent the pitch size and the letter is a code that represents the propeller series. The letter code identifies to your dealer what range of outboard motor the propeller is designed to fit. For example- a 17M is a 17" pitch M series designed for outboard motors from 150~300 HP. Below is a diagram showing where you may find this information; locations can differ from prop to prop."

https://yamahaoutboards.com/en-us/ho...rces/all/faq#0
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

---
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_015503.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	79.0 KB
ID:	91073
      Engine Sales and Service
      Ph +1 954.463.1515
      Fx +1
      Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
      www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Seems like it is one of the Saltwater Series II props. Mine does not say Saltwater Series anywhere on it like the picture in the brochure above, and like pictures I have seen online. Does that even matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Fandarr View Post
          Thanks for the replies. Seems like it is one of the Saltwater Series II props. Mine does not say Saltwater Series anywhere on it like the picture in the brochure above, and like pictures I have seen online. Does that even matter?
          What year and Model Yamaha?
          The "first generation" of "M or T" series didn't say SWSII on them.
          Where is your question going?
          Because the new SWSII "M or T" props are a bit different than the old.
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

This prop is not original to the motor, it was on an old '94 225 Yamaha on an old boat of mine, was bought by the previous owner just prior to me buying it, I purchased that boat motor in 2009. It is currently on a 300 hpdi on my current boat. It was more of a question of curiosity. I see posts here and on other forums all the time of guys knowing what props they had and mentioning names. All I ever knew was the dimensions of mine and it had 17m stamped on it, was just curious as to what prop family it came from, I figured it had to be more than 17m. Thanks for clearing it up.

Comment

Working...
            X