Prop Guidance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Guidance

New to this Forum. I was asking a question on the Robalo Owners Forum and someone suggested that I come here for help. I'm currently running the Yamaha Reliance 3-Blade 14.25 x 17" pitch Prop on my '16 Robalo R-200 with Yamaha F150. Boat performs fairly well and gets into the upper rpm range (6000+) at WOT when full of fuel and two persons on board. I'd like to be able to stay on plane at lower speeds and have better mid-range performance and be able to carry larger loads without taking too long to get on plane . Slight loss in top speed is definitely not an issue as a I very seldom use WOT. Contemplating going to a 4-blade Prop and dropping to a 15 or 16 pitch. Anyone here do something similar and are you happy with the performance?

Don't worry ... Ken (username = ken2) from wwww.propgods.com will be along soon and will help you out! I had a big Parker offshore boat and he rigged me up with a PowerTech OS 4-blade model on a big azz Suzuki that was a 'de bomb' combination!

Best this is ... you just can't go wrong with Ken/PropGods, for if that prop isn't ideal for you ... for a reasonable fee ($35?) plus shipping, you'll get another one to try! Now HOW can you beat that?

... just another satisfied customer, lol - Dale, owner/founder Classic Parker
    Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

The Powertech PTZ4 or the SCE4, both are nice 4 blades for the F150.
      Curious what your GPS speed is with the boat loaded up. I know the performance report for that one was hitting 45, but that was light.

The PTZ4 has good traction and overall lift, the SCE4 is more sternlifting, but doesn't like to be trimmed up a lot.
      Speed will pick the pitch. 15 pitch 39 MPH is all you'll get, you'll be out of RPM.
      If you get low 40's with the boat loaded up like you normally run, then I'd say lets try a 16
      If you get one from me, and decide you want a different pitch or style, you can swap out for $35 plus shipping.

Ken Reeves
      [email protected]
      941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks Ken!

Normal load I'm running 44 to 46 mph by GPS depending on trim and chop. Loaded, 4 to 5 adults & two kids along with beach gear I still hit 42 to 43 at around 6000. Believe it or not, once on plane and running, top speed doesn't change significantly. My preference is to cruise at about 30 to 32 mph (4000-4500), but Wife & kids like to go slower, 20 to 25, but at that speed with the Reliance, Its interesting staying up on plane and constantly playing with the throttle is required. Sounds like the PTZ4 in a 16" Pitch might be the best starting point. I'll save my pennies and give you a call.

Comment

I agree, ptz4 16

Ken Reeves
          [email protected]
          941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
          X