Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• propeller for this boat

Hi All
    it s my first message in this forum. I will a boat, I added the photos of it here.
    specs are;

Lenght: 30 feet
    Beam: 9,4 feet
    Dry weight; 6850lb
    loaded weight: 10400lb

there will be twin new 300 HP Mercury verado V8 fourstroke XXL
    This boat has stepped hull design.

I dont care top speed, my aim is to find most economical fuel consumption at 30 miles!

I had only chance to test it with single suzuki df350, it performed 2 mpg at 32 miles.

I read lots of topic in forum and I realized 21 pitch mercury revolution 4 propeller or 22 picth mercury enertia ECO may be what I need, but I m not an expert!
    Are these propeller too big fır this boat ?
    I am open to every idea, thank you very much for your help.
    thank you so much

Originally posted by ksc View Post
    Hi All
    it s my first message in this forum. I will a boat, I added the photos of it here.
    specs are;

Lenght: 30 feet
    Beam: 9,4 feet
    Dry weight; 6850lb
    loaded weight: 10400lb

there will be twin new 300 HP Mercury verado V8 fourstroke XXL
    This boat has stepped hull design.

I dont care top speed, my aim is to find most economical fuel consumption at 30 miles!

I had only chance to test it with single suzuki df350, it performed 2 mpg at 32 miles.

I read lots of topic in forum and I realized 21 pitch mercury revolution 4 propeller or 22 picth mercury enertia ECO may be what I need, but I m not an expert!
    Are these propeller too big fır this boat ?
    I am open to every idea, thank you very much for your help.
    thank you so much
    Ken or Ole will be around shortly to help.. But, that is a very nice boat.. Welcome..
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

This one, tests show it's by far the most economical, question is, can you afford it and will it pay for itself over time?

https://www.sharrowmarine.com/

Comment

Did this one on Email.
        But with 10 people on the boat and very little fuel, they got 45 MPH with a Suzuki DF350
        with twin Mercury V8 300's we'd expect about 57/58 MPH, and if your going 1.75 gear ratio, I'd say 19 ECO's.

Another senario was with a 400R, same load as with the Suzuki, I'd expect about 48 MPH with a 400, and I'd go 15 pitch standard Enertia.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X