Intrepid 289 center console Twin 300 Zukes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrepid 289 center console Twin 300 Zukes

Ken, picked this boat up a few months back. Has twin 300hp Suzuki's 2012 with 280 hrs. Only test drove once upon buying. Test drive I was more interested in idle, cruise more so than wot, basicly listening to and observing functions of boat. Now I am getting ready to do all the maintenance before doing real seatrials. Intrepid has empty weight as 3200. Fuel cap is 234 gals. Fresh water cap is 25gals. Twin Zukes about 1230 lbs. Current props Zukes 3 blade 16X21.5. Initial trial needless to say this puppy was fast. Brought here up on cruise before I started increasing speed. Did not use any trim tabs. I looked down at the instruments and one was reading 54 mph or knots and I still had throttle to go. Did not observe RPM because I was running in a limited channel with crab pots in the area. Basically I was sat with performance. Question? Before I seatrial again do you feel that these props are a good starting place. With the data I have given do you think they are good. I want to become a little more familiar with the instrumentation on the boat. Boat did feel like it was beginning to tailwalk at the speed I was traveling(Did not use tabs). Just would like some input as to what you think I should see. Would like to hold top end at 6000 RPM. Thanks!

Need to add, boat has a large fiberglass T-top with integral instrument box.

Comment

Those props are not bad. run them for a while, see what you like/don't like about them, and we'll see if you want to change anything.
      those motors will go up to 6300, although I agree, 6000 is a good spot.

main thing is we want the numbers with the boat loaded up like you actually plan to run. So if your going to fish the boat with a lot of fuel and a few guys and gear etc... then we want to see what the numbers are with that load.
      Or if you run light, that is fine too, we just want to make sure we are propping it for how you actually plan to run.

Those props are capable of running close to 60 if they hook up really strong and you get close to 6300.

Ken Reeves
      [email protected]
      941-735-5808

Comment

Found original seatrial info. Boat was originally powered with twin 225 OPTI's, Props were 15 1/4X 19mp Top speed was 55mph @5700 RPM with tabs in. Best mileage with OPTI's was at 4500 RPM running 44MPH burning 25GPH making 1.8MPG. This was out T-Top. Top was added after delivery.

Comment

Yes, those are good numbers, I've seen similar from past customers.
          big question is how you plan to load the boat. If you always go out with your 4 buddies and a bunch of ice fuel and fishing gear, then we want to prop if for how YOU run the boat.
          But yes, twin zuke 300's, light load, you could probably get low 60's if that is what were shooting for. Would take a minumum of 23 pitch props to get there.

Ken Reeves
          [email protected]
          941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
          X