Prop help with repower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop help with repower

Hi everyone, I have a 23' Hydro Sport Walkaround. When I purchased the boat, the engine that was on it was all kinds of wrong. The old engine was a Evinrude 200 with the wrong shaft length and wrong prop size. So I don't have any credible data to start with on my repower. I recently purchased an Evinrude E-Tec 225 H.O. to repower the boat. I tried in putting my data into prop calculators but they are all over the place depending on the website. I'm trying to avoid blindly throwing props at it looking for the right one. It's a fishing boat so I'm looking for an efficient Cruise speed and fuel efficiency with light to moderate load. I am open to 3 or 4 blade applications. These are some of my specs.
    Evinrude Etec 225 H.O.
    1.86 gear ratio
    4800 lbs. Before people and gear/ normally 2 people
    19' at the water line.
    The engine is also mounted on a extension bracket so it is 48" from the back of the hull to the prop. Not sure if this makes a difference. I am open to any questions and know most of my specs.
    Thanks.

I would expect that boat to run mid 40's light. If you load heavier, a little less.
    My first choice would be a Powertech OFS4 17 pitch.
    If you get one from me and decide you need a different pitch or style, you can swap out for $35 plus shipping.

As for height, if its 48 inches from the bottom of the hull to the motor the antiventilation plate should be around 4-5 inches above the bottom of the hull. That is a lot of setback !

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

It sits way back

Comment

What length shaft do you have now? can you get the motor up high enough?

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

It's a 20" shaft on it now. Yes, I can raise it enough. It should be very close to running height now.

Comment

Hey Ken
            I have always run 3 blades before on my boats. I am just curious on what my advantages might be of running a 4 blade over 3 blade.
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Sternlift and more traction, less likely to ventilate.

Ken Reeves
              [email protected]
              941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
              X