2016 30st twin 300 Yamaha's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 30st twin 300 Yamaha's

Hey Ken or anyone that wants to chime in. My buddy looking for performance numbers for his Contender. I told him i'll shoot you numbers. First,He doesn't care for Top Speed. he's looking for cruise numbers. So he told me that his boat runs 21 pitch yamaha props now. 4000 RPM's he's running 40 mph. 1.7 mpg.WOT 5400-5500.... I let him borrow my 19 pitch Rev 4's. i told him they might rev a little higher so watch tach. his numbers were 4000 RPM's 37 mph (1.4) WOT 6000 on and off Rev limiter. Now he did love the way Rev 4 hole shot and was able to get on plane faster. but at cruise his fuel dropped. What do you recommend for him to try for props? Thanks J.R.

He may want to try a pair of Mercury Enertia ECO props. They are designed for multi engine CCs and give great hole shot, mid-range performance and increased fuel economy.
    Take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/embed/v03G8u...0?wmode=opaque

Comment

Hey WonderBoy, come up to new member introductions and tell us about your self, fun reading as well if you look back a few months..

BWP

Comment

Oops, I went to new member introductions, found you, post more often!

BWP

Comment

Originally posted by wonderboy23 View Post
          Hey Ken or anyone that wants to chime in. My buddy looking for performance numbers for his Contender. I told him i'll shoot you numbers. First,He doesn't care for Top Speed. he's looking for cruise numbers. So he told me that his boat runs 21 pitch yamaha props now. 4000 RPM's he's running 40 mph. 1.7 mpg.WOT 5400-5500.... I let him borrow my 19 pitch Rev 4's. i told him they might rev a little higher so watch tach. his numbers were 4000 RPM's 37 mph (1.4) WOT 6000 on and off Rev limiter. Now he did love the way Rev 4 hole shot and was able to get on plane faster. but at cruise his fuel dropped. What do you recommend for him to try for props? Thanks J.R.
          What hole is he running the engines mounted in?
          Engine Sales and Service
          Ph +1 954.463.1515
          Fx +1
          Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
          www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

a lot of times the 4.2 Yamaha's will get the best fuel economy when over propped a little.
            His 21's are doing very well, will be hard to beat 1.7 MPG at 40 MPH on that boat.
            ECO's as mentioned above would be an interesting set to try, I'd try 19 pitch.
            I send the test props out for $30 each plus shipping if he wants to try a set.

If you want to get the RPM up closer to 6000, and have better acceleration, you might give up a little on economy. but the motors might be a little happier. ECO 19's "might" gain a little on economy and still get a little better RPM on top.
            I'd test a set and see what you think.

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

I am NOT THE Prop God.
              And, I don't want to discount ANYTHING Ken says, he knows his stuff.
              I profess, I stay with Yamaha props, I have seen them all come through here, just saw my first set of Power Techs OEM (Bote Man) factory rigged on a set of Trip F300's, tiny blade area and low pitch to get those RPM.
              As I have said, I run Yamaha, and, to make those work, and because I have a forklift or three, plus the labor, I play with engine height.
              Both Contenders I have owned, I have raised the engines to the last set of holes. Both botes I was running 21" SWS II SDS. I would have liked the engines one hole higher.
              Contender 33T with Trip F300's numbers.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20160924_062644.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.6 KB ID:	67431
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20160924_113202.jpg Views:	0 Size:	47.9 KB ID:	67432
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20160924_062842.jpg Views:	0 Size:	51.1 KB ID:	67433
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20160924_113141.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.2 KB ID:	67434
              Engine Sales and Service
              Ph +1 954.463.1515
              Fx +1

[email protected]
              www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

[QUOTE=Parker Yacht;n67430]I am NOT THE Prop God.
                I profess, I stay with Yamaha props, I have seen them all come through here, just saw my first set of Power Techs OEM (Bote Man) factory rigged on a set of Trip F300's, tiny blade area and low pitch to get those RPM.
                As I have said, I run Yamaha, and, to make those work, and because I have a forklift or three, plus the labor, I play with engine height.
                Both Contenders I have owned, I have raised the engines to the last set of holes. Both botes I was running 21" SWS II SDS. I would have liked the engines one hole higher.

did you ever have issues ventilating in tight turns?

Comment

[QUOTE=Pstephens46;n67461]
                  Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                  I am NOT THE Prop God.

did you ever have issues ventilating in tight turns?
                  No, and I wanted them higher.

Engine Sales and Service
                  Ph +1 954.463.1515
                  Fx +1

[email protected]
                  www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Thanks for responses.

Comment

Hey Guy's, Just found out he's running motors at the second hole from bottom.

Comment

here is another report with a couple different props on that boat.
                        https://www.bandofboaters.com/forum/...amaha-300hp-v6

Ken Reeves
                        [email protected]
                        941-735-5808

Comment

Originally posted by Parker Yacht View Post
                          I am NOT THE Prop God.

Any idea what series of power tech props those factory fits were? I've got the 15.25" x 18 OFS4 series and it was huge in comparision to my stock yamaha?

Bryan

OFS4 18 pitch
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	prop2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	67767

Comment

Originally posted by Nowhere View Post

Any idea what series of power tech props those factory fits were? I've got the 15.25" x 18 OFS4 series and it was huge in comparision to my stock yamaha?

Bryan

OFS4 18 pitch
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	prop2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	67767
                            Huge in what way?
                            Engine Sales and Service
                            Ph +1 954.463.1515
                            Fx +1