Sharrow Engineering prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharrow Engineering prop

Ken what are your thoughts on this new design from Sharrow Engineeering. Boat test did a video comparison and it did show some real benefits compared to the other props tested.

Originally posted by Surfercross View Post
    Ken what are your thoughts on this new design from Sharrow Engineeering. Boat test did a video comparison and it did show some real benefits compared to the other props tested.
    Fascinating concept finally coming to market after a lot of false starts and extreme skepticism. I'd say if the supertankers buy in, it's the real deal. On the other hand, if you had the supertanker business in the bag, why would you even bother with recreational props?

https://www.boattest.com/review/shar...3986_propeller
    Sanibel FL
    Axopar 28 Cabin, 2 x 200 Merc 3.4L V6

Comment

Always interesting with new props.

Numbers are a little odd with all the props as all 3 props are getting negative slip numbers at wide open.

Narration about Fuel economy is a little gimmicky, as I hate when they say, at "X" RPM we are 179% better fuel economy, as they are comparing a boat on plane and a boat that isn't.

But other then that, looks like it performs impressively well.

Looking at the design, I'm curious about how well it hooks up when surfaced, and the durability of the blades.
      Most propeller companies have a hard enough time keeping the blades from cracking/slinging off the prop, and this one looks like a lot more blade surface with less contact with the hub.
      I'd love to try one out.

Ken Reeves
      [email protected]
      941-735-5808

Comment

Originally posted by ken2 View Post
        Always interesting with new props.

Numbers are a little odd with all the props as all 3 props are getting negative slip numbers at wide open.

Narration about Fuel economy is a little gimmicky, as I hate when they say, at "X" RPM we are 179% better fuel economy, as they are comparing a boat on plane and a boat that isn't.

But other then that, looks like it performs impressively well.

Looking at the design, I'm curious about how well it hooks up when surfaced, and the durability of the blades.
        Most propeller companies have a hard enough time keeping the blades from cracking/slinging off the prop, and this one looks like a lot more blade surface with less contact with the hub.
        I'd love to try one out.

Hey Ken thanks for your input. I guess we will have to wait until the props are offered to the public and somebody actually gives us some real world feed back.

Comment

Working...
        X