Prop Advice for a 2001 Kencraft Challenger 215CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Advice for a 2001 Kencraft Challenger 215CC

I have a Kencraft 215CC with a Yamaha 175 2 stroke with a 4 blade Solas 14 1/4 X 17 prop. I am taking that motor off and putting a Yamaha F225 4 stroke in it's place. This motor came with a 3 blade Honda 15 3/4 X 15R. Looking for advice as to which prop would be better for the Kencraft 215CC hull? If there is a better choice I am all ears.

I actually found an email of ours where you were getting about 35 MPH with the 175 HP Yamaha.
    if that is still your numbers, I'd expect about 40 with the F225, and I bet that Solas 15 pitch might do well.
    I'd definitely give it a shot ! see what happens and we can make adjustments if needed.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Hi Ken and thanks for your reply. I am a little confused however, are you saying to try the 4 blade solas 14 1/4 X 17 prop or the Honda 15 3/4 X 15R. Based on your previous recommendation I did raise the 175 motor to the highest set of holes and that seemed to help out a lot. Trying see which of the 2 props that I have would give me the better performance on the used F225 that I purchased.

Comment

I would try the 15 pitch Honda prop and see what happens. I think it may work very well.
        Solas makes Honda props, so that 15 3/4 x 15 Honda prop you have is basically a Solas Lexor 15 pitch.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Hi Ken, I finally got the engine swap done and today got time to put the boat in the water. What a difference, using the 15 3/4 X 15 Honda 3 blade prop the boat was much faster up on plane now, saw 42.7 mph on my GPS at 6100 rpm which was WOT. I messed around with the trim but those numbers were the best I got. Boat did not have a heavy load in it, 2 guys and 20 gallons of fuel. Also standard boat stuff life jackets, flares etc. I am going to try the 4 blade prop if I can get it off the other motor, looking pretty ugly right now. Looks like it has not been off in many years and nobody greased the splines. The motor is mounted in the bottom holes so it is up as high as it will go. Do you have any other suggestions?

Comment

Sounds great, I'd put some fuel in it and load it up however you plan to run most of the time.
            See how much "if any" the RPM drops, and decide from there.
            If you drop 1 or 2 mph and a little bit of RPM when you load it up, I'd say your good to go.

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
            X