74 Seacraft 23SF center console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 74 Seacraft 23SF center console

Ken, engine is a mercruiser ,5.0L 2bbl, 1.62-1 gear ratio. fuel cap is 120 gal. Current prop is a Mirage 17p. Not a Mirage plus. WOT is 4000 with OD trimmed up and 32kts. Boat is used for offshore fishing. Looking for a good cruise between 3200 &3500 RPM. I am thinking that you will come back with a 15p enertia or Q3, if so, what numbers do you think I should see. Also what do you think a Rev 4 15p would do. Thanks in advance.

Yeah, I think the Q3 15 would do well. Your numbers aren't bad now, just a little too much pitch.
    15 would accelerate stronger and turn about 500 RPM more across the board.
    So at cruise, you'll be turning more RPM to go the same speed, but fuel economy probably won't change much.
    We could test one if you like see what happens. or if you buy one and decide you want to swap out, we can do that to.
    15 Rev 4 would theoretically give a little more sternlift, but I've never had much luck with that pitch Rev 4, I like the Q3 better in the lower pitches.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Yes Ken, I forgot to put in that on take off, the stern squats pretty good and my opinion, running to much trim tab with the Bennetts on cruise. For stern lift would the Solas 4 Blade or other be better than the 15p Rev4. If so which pitch? With current set up at cruise OD is trimmed up to max and Bennetts are virtually almost all the way down.

Comment

Father Frank, That you?
        Engine Sales and Service
        Ph +1 954.463.1515
        Fx +1
        Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
        www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

No this is not Father Frank. I use to see him on some of the other forums about 10-15 years ago. You may have seen me back then as "Capt Frank Hotline" helping others with engine advice along with Dunk and several others. I got kinds tired with the forum routine back then.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
            No this is not Father Frank. I use to see him on some of the other forums about 10-15 years ago. You may have seen me back then as "Capt Frank Hotline" helping others with engine advice along with Dunk and several others. I got kinds tired with the forum routine back then.
            Understandable.
            Thank you for visiting BoB, and to all Probies I meet, welcome!

Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              Yes Ken, I forgot to put in that on take off, the stern squats pretty good and my opinion, running to much trim tab with the Bennetts on cruise. For stern lift would the Solas 4 Blade or other be better than the 15p Rev4. If so which pitch? With current set up at cruise OD is trimmed up to max and Bennetts are virtually almost all the way down.
              The Powertech OFS4 normally does well when I need lower pitches.
              the 15 would probably do very well.
              I don't have them for testing, but if you try it and don't like it, you can return it.
              Solas would probably do well to, I don't deal with them, but they are not bad.

Ken Reeves
              [email protected]
              941-735-5808

Comment

• Frank
                Frank commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Ken!
            Working...
            X