Pursuit 2650 Yamaha 225 Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pursuit 2650 Yamaha 225 Props

I have a 1992 Pursuit 2650 with twin 2012 Yamaha 225s on a bracket. WOT on the test drive with 6 people was 6200 running just shy of 50mph. The current props are 15.5" 17p 3 blade Mirage props. The issue I have is that I have to keep the trim tabs buried as well as the motors trimmed down in order to keep the bow from bouncing too bad which kills my speed and fuel economy. The boat has issue staying on plane under 4000 rpm and seems very stern heavy. On flat river it will begin to porpoise above 30 mph if I trim the motors up the slightest bit. I want to increase the handling at cruise (~4000 rpm) and I don't care much about losing any top end. I've been told 4 blade props should help lift the stern, but I don't want to get the wrong ones (Had trouble with local shop we dealt with in the past). Trying to decide if props or bigger trim tabs will solve the issue better. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Might take a look at the engine height just to see. Here is a link with some pictures.
    https://www.bandofboaters.com/forum/...gs-to-look-for

As for 4 blades, I'd say Powertech OFS4's in 17 pitch would give you good sternlift, and help hold the bow down.
    If you were standing on the rev limiter with a full load, I doubt you'd loose any top end with 4 blades.
    If you get a set from me and decide you want a different pitch or style, you can swap out for $35 each plus shipping.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Hey Ken. Thanks for the input. I've heard you were the guy to talk to. I'll be in touch in the next month or so to get with you about some props then (as long as the boat doesn't get blown away by this hurricane)

Comment

Working...
      X