Prop help. Grady White 282 Sailfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop help. Grady White 282 Sailfish

6 282 Sailfish. Yamaha F250's. Mounted 1 up from lowest position. Current props Yamaha SWS II 15.25 x 19. Bottom never painted, lift kept. No idea last time props were checked / tuned. A straight edge indicates 1 blade on LH prop is laying back at the tip about 1/8". On plane, the cavitation plates are buried at least 1 inch. When getting to plane, boat lists to port, no water trapped anywhere and load distributed evenly. Hubs do not appear to be slipping. I feel like the boat will be better served with 4 blade props, giving better lift at the transom as well as better bite. I have had the current props cavitate in heavy seas so I don't think raising the engines will suffice. Current max RPM is around 5,800 with 2 people, 3/4 fuel. Any recommendations or past experience on using 4 blade props on this set up ?

Looking through emails, I have a lot of guys that have bought 17 and 18 Powertech OFS4's for that boat.
    but noone ever sends me back numbers.
    I suppose thats a good thing, as it looks like they kept them, but would be nice to know for sure.
    With F250 3.3L motors, I'd think 18 OFS4's would be the way to go.
    but if you load really heavy, 17's may be needed.
    What is your RPM and GPS speed at wide open with you 19 SWS ?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Hi Ken,
      Sorry it took so long to respond.
      This past weekend I ran with 1/2 load fuel, 5 adults on board, minimal gear. Performance was as follows:
      Port max RPM = 5,800
      Stb max RPM = 6,000
      GPS speed = 46 mph

Comment

You should be able to turn 18 OFS4's.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X