Triton 240 LTS with Verado 350 prop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton 240 LTS with Verado 350 prop?

I just acquired a 2018 Triton 240 LTS with 350 Verado. It came with an Enertia Eco 21. So far I’m getting max rpm of 5500 at 50 mph mostly loaded in flat water trimmed way up. Hole shot and handling are excellent otherwise. I plan to bottom paint soon and probably put a small t top on it this winter. Any recommendations for prop or should I stick with this prop and get a new one once I see what happens with the t top and paint?
    Thanks for the help!.

Here was a guy on my old forum that tried a few props, was running 50-53 MPH with a 250 Verado
    http://3.89.179.78/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1797

I would bet money your running on 5 cylinders cause you have a bad coil.
    If so, and you fix it, you'll gain about 1000 RPM and about 10 MPH and be much happier with that 21 Rev 4.

Unless there is growth on the bottom of the hull. If so, that is likely holding you back.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks for your help Ken. The 2006 hull is a somewhat different hull than the 2018. I don't know if it makes a difference as far as prop performance. They say the new one runs on a pad, but both hulls ride great. I heard from one person online that he was getting 58 mph at 6000 Rpm with the same hull and motor and an Eco 19. Also heard from one guy who has a 260 LTS and is happy with an Eco 19. Of course, these are internet reports so can't verify. I have read a little about bad coils. Even though this motor won't get high rpms, it runs great overall as far as power. Occasionally will get stuck turning over and not starting, but always starts the second time. I am not sure if that would be a sign of a bad coil or not.
      My buddy has a Rev 4 21 on his 24 yellowfin I can try. Thanks again.

Comment

the motor will run smooth as silk with a bad coil. No codes, no alarms, no vibration.
        it will just be slow and low on RPM. fuel economy will be worse then it should be also.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X