Prop recommendation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop recommendation?

Hi all I have a 15ft tunnle pocket skiff I'm trying to figure out the correct prop. I used to have a 1996 60hp mercury 2 stroke bigfoot with a 13x15p 4 blade. Was getting 35mph at 5500 rpm and could raise the motor all the way up with the jack plate with out blowing out. I switched to a 2006 mercury 60hp 4 stroke standard lower and atm I'm running a 10.5x14p 4 blade. My hole shot is no good when I add my gear and second person plus my rpms go way down. With just me im getting 35 to 38 mph at 5700. As soon as the motor is raised up and tilled a bit it will break suction and go then come back down. Its almost like its porpoising but not exactly. I know I need to go down in pitch and I'm thinking I need to go up in diameter but not sure how much.

what brand/model is that 4 blade?
    I've had good luck with the Powertech SWC3 its a little 3 blade with a ton of cupping.
    Cost $299 great little prop.
    I'd probably try a 13 pitch

Easier for the 4 stroke to turn, still has good traction.
    Are you getting your speed from GPS or speedometer ?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

I'm getting speed from GPS. Navionics on my phone. The 4 blade is a solas amita 10.5x14. Thank you!!

Comment

I'd go SWC3 13 pitch. I think you'd like it.
        If you get one and decide you want a different pitch or style, its $35 plus shipping to swap out.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

What diameter do u think? Also the amita is aluminum. Are you suggesting the power tech in stainless?

Comment

yes, its stainless.
            diameter is 9.5
            small diameter, huge amount of cupping.

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Hi Ken just curious why would you recommend the 3 blade over the 4 blade? I have a tunnel and jack plate so I run the engine pretty high a lot.

Comment

I just have better luck with that particular prop on tunnels a lot of times.
                Its a super aggressive 3 blade. lots of cupping.

Ken Reeves
                [email protected]
                941-735-5808

Comment

How soon could I get the prop? Should I call you?

Comment

When you order from me, it will drop ship straight from Powertech to you. Comes out of Louisiana.
                    they normally ship 2-3 days after the order goes in.
                    Yes, if you want that one just call me. as its not on my website.

Ken Reeves
                    [email protected]
                    941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
                    X