2017 Carolina Skiff 198DLV Mercury 115 Four Stroke Prop Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Carolina Skiff 198DLV Mercury 115 Four Stroke Prop Suggestions

Currently running a Mercury 115 Four Stroke with a PowerTech ELD3 17P, loaded with all gear, T-Top and full of fuel, it runs pretty good and decent hole shot with two people. 6000RPM 39MPH WOT no jack plate or trim tabs. The Problem is when I get 4 people the hole shot is a bit sluggish. I am looking for suggestion for a SS 4 blade and a aluminum 4 blade for quicker hole shot and better handling. The aluminum prop would be for when I run up around Citrus county.

Thanks in advance,
    Rob

When the holeshot is sluggish, does it feel like the prop is slipping? RPM coming up, but boat takes a while to get moving?
    Or is the motor bogging down, can't get RPM ?

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

More like the motor is bogging cant get the rpm ,It does get up and going but it just takes a little while longer.

Comment

I'd go with a Powertech SCD4 16 pitch. Cost $375 from me.
        if you get one and decide you want a different pitch or style, you can swap out for $35 plus shipping.
        should spin up easy, but still give good holeshot, and be able to hit 39.

Aluminum, I'd get a Quicksilver Nemesis. same prop as the Mercury Spitfire. go 17 pitch.

Ken Reeves
        KR@Propgods.com
        941-735-5808

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Will the hub I have work with both of these options?

Comment

you probably just have a rubber hub in your eld prop which is not reusable.
              but if its a square/mercury flo torq style hub, then you can get the SCD4 with the same hub style, and the nemesis already has that hub style anyways.

Ken Reeves
              KR@Propgods.com
              941-735-5808

Comment

It is the square flo Torq. Thanks again

Comment

if you get the SCD4 its $20 bucks cheaper if you get the square hub style. (then just use your existing hub)
                  and the same hub would work in a Nemesis.

Ken Reeves
                  KR@Propgods.com
                  941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
                  X