Spyder Vapor 18 w/ Suz 150SS Handling issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spyder Vapor 18 w/ Suz 150SS Handling issues

The 150 is the max motor for the boat and I can't get to WOT without it porpoising. I'm limited to about 37 mph at 5500 rpm which is about 30% slip before I have to use trim tabs to control it. I can get up to about 40 using the tabs but then I hit the limiter before I even start to show any roost. The boat comes out of the hole well so that's not an issue. I'm running the Power Tech 25 pitch OCFX3R25P-CL200 that Spyder recommends. The weight is distributed with the 2 trolling motor batteries at the front by the 30 gal fuel tank. There is a bait well forward of the fuel tank that I usually run and one ahead of the center console that I run as well. The pumps for the power poles are under the center console. I have 2 house batteries starboard and a release well port in the rear and there's a live well under the driver's seat that I rarely use. I'm not really worried about going 50 mph but I want to get it to WOT without the porpoising and using trim tabs to make it handle. I'm not sure if it's a prop issue or a weight distribution issue, thoughts?

Ken will probably be along shortly to fix you up.
    You have a Jack Plate?
    ‘12 Blackwood 27 - sold
    '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
    '18 Fountain 38 - sold
    ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s

Comment

Originally posted by Tiretyme View Post
      Ken will probably be along shortly to fix you up.
      You have a Jack Plate?
      Yep! Bob's 6"

Comment

I'm thinking a Powertech OFS4 just their standard offshore 4 blade.
        Would give good sternlift, and better traction.
        The fact that your faster with tabs, sounds like the boat really needs sternlift.
        I'd go 24 pitch for now.
        Hopefully, they will let you test one, as they are already working with Powertech props.

Ken Reeves
        KR@Propgods.com
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X