Triton 260 LTS 350 Verado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton 260 LTS 350 Verado

Looking for others out there with my setup as a sanity check on my Max RPMs that I am getting with the Enertia Eco 19p. This prop came with the boat and most Triton 260s you see have the same prop on them new so you would think it would be correct for the boat. I took it out yesterday and I am only getting 5600-5780 RPMs at around 53-54 mph. I can run at 35mph and get 3.7mpg so economy is good but I would think with the newer padded hull and the 350 vrod I would be able to at least sling this prop 6000? Have also ran a Rev 4 19 with a back cut done by Rich and most RPMs I seen with that were 6040. Also boat does not have a Ttop.

Thanks

Brandon

I can't find any performance numbers on them.
    I see one post on THT, the guy said he was sponsored by Triton, and the boat ran 60 MPH with a Verado 350.
    I'm sure that was with a light load.
    so if you have a couple people and fuel in the boat, 54 MPH may be all its got.
    From your numbers, I'd say run a 17 pitch Revolution 4.
    It would accelerate stronger, you might actually pick up 1 or 2 MPH on top end.

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

I see that post as well. I also messaged another Triton 260 owner and they could also only get 5600-5700 at 55 and 60 with a light load. I do like the rev4 for docking and getting on plane so that may be my next move. With the 19p Rev4 I could get 4.1 mpg at 3350rpm and 32mph. It would be sweet if I could get even more take off and add a mph or two.

Comment

Well, the 17 is going to turn 500 RPM higher across the board.
        But I bet your fuel burn at 32 MPH will be the same. Heck it might be better with the 17, (even though your turning more RPM at the same speed)

Ken Reeves
        KR@Propgods.com
        941-735-5808

Comment

17 just seems low to me but I guess I have been reading performance reports of Yellowfin and Contender bay boats with stepped hulls running 21 & 23 rev 4 props 63-65 mph. On the other hand if I can run 55-57 mph and put less stress on the engine with a lower pitch prop I'm all in. I will report back when get some good numbers.

Thanks Ken

Comment

Well, a lot of those ads for those boats are tested with really light loads.
            Let me know when you want to try a 17 !

Ken Reeves
            KR@Propgods.com
            941-735-5808

Comment

I also forgot to ask Ken if you have any experience with the Bravo I LT props? I did find one guy with a 24' Triton with the newer hull that was able to turn it to 57mph but I was unable to find out his Max RPM and cruise numbers. Seems a lot of Walleye boats run this prop and the LT is a long tube comparable to a Rev 4 except it has a little flare to the end. Seems they get great stern lift when running a 350 verado and the additional weight of a kicker motor. They also have similar padded hulls like mine vs some other bay boats with the stepped hull. Just curious.

Comment

The "LT" is a standard Bravo 1, with a pro finish and PVS vent holes on the side.
                The "FS" is a standard Bravo 1 with a pro finish, PVS vent holes, and they cut about 1/2 inch off the barrel of the prop.
                They offer those props in lower pitches then 22, but they are just taking a 22 Bravo and bending the blades back for the lower pitches.
                I have not liked them very much in the lower pitches.

To me, you are low on RPM with a 19 pitch. I'd suggest going to a 17 or 18 pitch to get your RPM up where you need it.
                But if you want to try 21 and 23 pitch props, its $30 each plus shipping, you just let me know what you want to try

Ken Reeves
                KR@Propgods.com
                941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
                X