'05 Yam F225 on '96 232 Mako - prop help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '05 Yam F225 on '96 232 Mako - prop help

Hey all, I repowered my 1996 232 from a ox66 225 to the four stoke. New power head and mid section, motor runs great, once I got the VSR filter clean - and now running ring free thru it religiously (the motor sat on its side for awhile and got all gummed up).

Problem: Can only get to 49-5000 RPM at 39mph WOT with a 15.5x17 saltwater series II wheel - I had been told before a 15-3/4x15 was best for my old setup, but since I had the 17p figured Id try it.

Right before the motor switch, I had the transom rebuilt, a larger tub bracket made (armstrong) and mounted as low as it would go. I am thinking of bumpin the motor up a hole - I have a video of the boat running (where the anti-cav plate running) I will try to upload it.

The boat is heavy - 165gal fuel, 20 gal water, dive/fish equip, at least 3-5 people most all times.
    Advice?

Comment

Comment

Sorry the video wouldn’t upload.

Comment

What GPS speed did you use to get with your OX66 at wide open ?

Looking through emails, last guy I had with an F250 was only running 42.
          So if we assume high 30's is all its going to run with the 225, you might want to try a 15 pitch and see what happens.

I do have a Mirage Plus 15 3/4 x 15 test prop available.

Ken Reeves
          KR@Propgods.com
          941-735-5808

Comment

Couldn't find my post, got it finally!
            The ox66 would top out around 5500 at say 43-44mph
            not too worried about speed, but it is definitely a little sluggish with the 17P
            How much is the 15P?

Comment

with the 15 pitch, I actually have the Quicksilver Thunderbolts available. They are the exact same prop as the Mirage Plus.
              they cost $469, plus $45 for a hub kit.

Ken Reeves
              KR@Propgods.com
              941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
              X