Prop Choice For 19' Sea Skiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop Choice For 19' Sea Skiff

I bought a new 19' Sea Skiff made by Carolina Skiff, running a 2016 Suzuki 115hp. With my normal load I am not getting optimum performance with the current prop. It is a Suzuki prop stamped 13Rx14x19. As I am trimming up I can easily hit 6500 RPM and still have some trim and throttle left. Anybody have any suggestions what to go with next in the trial and error stage. Thanks!

Is the rev limiter kicking in at 6500? or are you just not allowing it to go further?
    What GPS speed are you getting at 6500 ?

got a jackplate on the boat?

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

No Jack plate GPS says about 38mph, it does not hit rev limiter. Out of curiosity the other day I trimmed my motor up and ran wide open and hit 6900 on my tach and never hit the limiter which concerned me. So I bought the interface cable and have got it hooked up now to get a true RPM reading from motor on my lowrance. I am no expert but figured with my normal load at WOT I would want to be somewhere in the 5700-5900 RPM range. Boat also starts to porpoise which makes me think I may need to raise motor a notch also.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing, wondering if the tach was giving a correct reading.

I like the Powertech RXB4 on that style boat.
        It gives decent sternlift, still fast, and normally has great bite.
        The LNR4 is a larger diameter 4 blade, that is more sternlifting, also good.

I think a 20 pitch RXB4 would be my first choice if we think that boat is going to run around 40 MPH

Ken Reeves
        KR@Propgods.com
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X