Prop choice for Albemarle 24 center console?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop choice for Albemarle 24 center console?

One of the few center consoles to come from the factory with an Armstrong floatation bracket...as most everybody knows, this is a splash from the famed Formula 233 hull. 23'6" plus the bracket with an 8'beam. 24 degree hull weighing in at 3900#

Honda BF250 currently swinging a 15.5 x 15 sst 3 blade prop...had a second station on her(very heavy and significant amounts of resistance)that has been removed and she makes just over 40 mph at 6300 rpm and cruises 32 mph at 5250. Not looking to turn her into a speed demon, just looking to get her propped right for average offshore use once she sheds her half tower/second station. Mainly looking to optimize cruse speed and mileage. Honda has given a wide range for WOT....5300-6300

Any suggestions for getting me in the right ballpark for the new prop? 17p maybe 19p? 3 or 4 blade recommendations?

Thank you gentlemen, in advance....

I bet that is truly a heavy, well made hull, I'm just here for the commentary!
    Welcome aboard, post up about yourself in the new member section.

BWP

Comment

I think a 17 pitch is where you will end up.

Does the boat handle well with the current 15 pitch and no top ? Doesn't porpoise, you don't have to run tabs to much or anything?
      If it handles well, I'd say go up to a 17 pitch of the same style, or to a Mercury Mirage Plus 17 and see what it does.

I'd expect you to gain 3 or 4 MPH on top end, and still get full RPM.
      Would be good for an all around prop.

a 19 might be a little faster if you are going for top end speed with nothing in the boat. 17 would be good for normal use.

Ken Reeves
      KR@Propgods.com
      941-735-5808

Comment

Originally posted by ken2 View Post
        I think a 17 pitch is where you will end up.

Does the boat handle well with the current 15 pitch and no top ? Doesn't porpoise, you don't have to run tabs to much or anything?
        If it handles well, I'd say go up to a 17 pitch of the same style, or to a Mercury Mirage Plus 17 and see what it does.

I'd expect you to gain 3 or 4 MPH on top end, and still get full RPM.
        Would be good for an all around prop.

a 19 might be a little faster if you are going for top end speed with nothing in the boat. 17 would be good for normal use.
        Runs great...just seems like there is some left up her sleeve. Winds up to 6300 no problems...needs no tabs whatsoever

Comment

I'd go with a 15 1/2 x 17 pitch Mirage Plus, or Honda/Solas prop of the same size.

Ken Reeves
          KR@Propgods.com
          941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
          X