2004 Donzi 23ZF Jack Plate question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Donzi 23ZF Jack Plate question

Hey folks. I am considering adding a jack plate on my 2004 Donzi 23 ZF. The main purpose is to give me some clearance in shallow ramps. I am also wondering if the additional 6 inch offset will improve or degrade the ride in rough water. If anyone has experience with this, I would like to hear about their experience. The boat is exclusively used fishing offshore. I am not entirely sold on the deal but have been kicking it around.

Rusty

What motor do you have?

Assuming you have a single, I doubt it would change the ride much at all.
    We had that boat with a single Merc 250 EFI, and went to twin Yamaha 200 HPDI's
    Huge weight difference, Scuppers were under water with the HPDI's, moved batteries and a few other things to get it to sit a little better in the water at rest.
    But there was very little difference in the actual "ride" once on plane and running.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Yep. Going from a single 250 to a single 300. Just thinking through any updates I might want to do along with repower.

Comment

We did like moving the batteries from the bilge area into the console.
        easier access, and it did help the boat at rest.

Really liked the boat, very efficient, and rode well !

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks Ken. I think right now I am leaning toward the jack plate having little impact to the boat handling characteristics which would only leave it helping at a shallow dock.

Comment

I agree, I don't see a downside to having one on that boat.

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
            X