Using a Mercury prop on a Yamaha

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a Mercury prop on a Yamaha

I have a 2015 Yamaha 175 SHO 4 stroke on a Ranger 200 Fisherman and I've been trying out a number of props to improve the holeshot. I have recently tried a couple of Mercury props (High Five and Enertia) and when shifting from forward or reverse to neutral it shifts stiffer than when I had a Yamaha prop installed. I've used the Flo-Torq IV hub on the mercury props. It's also sometimes difficult to locate the neutral detent with going into the other gear. Has anybody had this same experience? Does anybody have any suggestions?

As expected, the High Five has a very good holeshot but runs at a higher RPM when cruising. The Enertia has a better holeshot than the Yamaha Reliance, holds tighter in turns and seems to perform very well except for the shifting.

What prop were you using before you changed it?

Comment

Spoke to you on the phone.
      Definitely wierd , sleeve in the correct direction?

Ken Reeves
      KR@Propgods.com
      941-735-5808

Comment

The original prop I was using is a Yamaha Reliance in a 15 pitch. The Enertia works much better except for shifting in and out of gear. It just seems like the helm control is binding with the Enertia but shifting is okay with the Reliance. To answer Ken's question, the hub is installed correctly. I would like to keep the Enertia but can't accept the shifting issue.

Comment

Solas 203b
          Just had a guy try the standard 203 vs the 203B and the "B" was softer.

I'd give that a shot.
          https://www.wholesalemarine.com/sola...rubex-hub-kit/
          I just bought a few from here because my supplier was out. Their price was good.

Ken Reeves
          KR@Propgods.com
          941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
          X