• Show
Clear All

• 1988 Proline 21 CC.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG950829.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	664.8 KB
ID:	54173
    My son will be potentially purchasing a 200 Suzuki 2018 real soon, the dealer will prop it, can I wonder ahead of time what it might be?
    guessing hull is 3000 lbs in water, specs show 18 degree DR
    , previous owner said 42-43 2005 Johnson 150 carbed, other than that, no real useful info.
    Thanks,
    Kevin,
    the,
    BWP

Found a thread on the other forum with the same boat, one guy with a 150 HP says it ran 34 wide open. another guy with a 150 said it ran 40 wide open

If your going Suzuki props, I think your choices will be between the 14 3/4 x 21, or the 16 x 20
    here is their report on the new proline 21. completely different boat, but you can see the props they are running with a 175 (same gear ratio and RPM range as the 200)
    http://www.suzukimarine.com/~/media/...t%20DF175.ashx

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks Ken, asking for a friend, yes my son is entertaining the thought of a new outboard, 150, 175, 200hp, same block.
      BWP

Comment

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
        Thanks Ken, asking for a friend, yes my son is entertaining the thought of a new outboard, 150, 175, 200hp, same block.
        BWP
        Get the 200. If dry weight is 3000lbs he will need every bit of it. Too bad the V-6 Mercs are so scarce right now.

Comment

Thanks Pstevens, I priced out the v6 Mercury today at show, it was minimum 5k more than the 200 Suzuki and 150 Mercury.
          My hull is rated at 150 and the Mercury is just right!
          Found a local dealer so its win-win, now for money tree to start dropping.
          BWP

Comment

Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
            Thanks Pstevens, I priced out the v6 Mercury today at show, it was minimum 5k more than the 200 Suzuki and 150 Mercury.
            My hull is rated at 150 and the Mercury is just right!
            Found a local dealer so its win-win, now for money tree to start dropping.
            BWP
            I thought you were asking about the motor for the boat your son was buying.

5K is a chunk of cash.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

I thought you were asking about the motor for the boat your son was buying.

5K is a chunk of cash.
              I know which outboard I want, my son just priced the Mercury to compare to pricing on Suzuki, I threw in my outboard request just to remain relevent.
              I can now go fishing soon on Son's boat and get mine going later, my son is way faster than me, and I have no intentions of slowing him down.
              I will definitely check Ken's recommendations as to what Suzuki rigs with!
              Youth is grand! Let me jump on for the ride!
              BWP

Comment

Working...
              X