glasstream flats flite 17 prop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glasstream flats flite 17 prop

hello everyone looking for best prop for my 2002 flats flite currently running a powertech 13.25 x 19p and getting way too much bow lift on holeshot motor is a 2002 90hp mecury saltwater series wot 5000rpm at 38.4 mph had some doel fins which helped alittle but seems like a bandaid for another issue also getting some porpoising with flats conditions motor height seems ok on plane cav plate is out of water

Comment

Would be interesting to try a Quicksilver Q4 (the small one for your size gearcase)
      Little stainless 4 blade.
      Normally has good traction and a lot of overall lift.

Your height looks ok in the picture, but from your description, (and we spoke on the phone)
      I'd try raising it just to see what it does

Ken Reeves
      KR@Propgods.com
      941-735-5808

Comment

thanks for the response and knowledge gonna raise it one hole and run it like that and if not pleased i will order for the q4 any specicfic pitch and diameter?

Comment

Pitch will depend on your speed, so if your speed changes with height, the pitch will need to as well.

Ken Reeves
          KR@Propgods.com
          941-735-5808

Comment

Doing a quick search, I found a thread on it here. Post #9 would be the interesting one. (actual owner, with actual numbers)
            https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/glas...115hp-t67.html

He ran a Trophy Plus and raised the motor as high as it would go.

I'd do that, But I'd still recommend the Q4 over the Trophy Plus.

Ken Reeves
            KR@Propgods.com
            941-735-5808

Comment

thanks Ken have seen this post but never got pitch info from him also he is running the optimax which is rated at higher rpm my 90hp salt water series is 5500 rpm max gonna have a buddy help me over the week lift the engine. thanks again brother

Comment

his speed numbers don't add up, but the fact that he has the motor mounted as high as it will go is interesting.

I think the Q4 will be the one to run. 19 would get you over 40, 21 may go faster if the boat is going to do it.

Ken Reeves
                KR@Propgods.com
                941-735-5808

Comment

he probably has his all the way up because that model years has a setback transom mine is inset

Comment

will a q4 being a 4 blade the same pitch as a 3 blade 19p give me a better holeshot without dropping pitch?

Comment

Depends on what your holeshot was doing before.
                      If it was ventilating and slipping. Yes
                      If it was bogging down, No

The Q4 has the capability to run pretty high in the water flow as well.
                      The excessive Bow rise, and Porpoising, are common symptoms of the motor being too low.
                      In the picture, the motor looks fine to me. But I'd try to raise it and see what happens.

Ken Reeves
                      KR@Propgods.com
                      941-735-5808

Comment

raised motor 2 holes 39.8 mph feels a little better weird thing cavitation plate looks lower in the water with the Bob's true tracker didn't really gain rpm

Comment

Still too much bow rise and porpoising? or did that improve?
                          Height looks good, but I see what you mean, looking at both pictures, the other one looks higher ha ha.
                          Maybe different speeds you were running.
                          Looks like you were running faster in that last picture.

Ken Reeves
                          KR@Propgods.com
                          941-735-5808

Comment

Actually 1 mph faster In last pic but for some reason looks dug down wonder if I take plate out will help.Noticed I had to trim down more than usual on turning do to ventilation But definitely less bow rise out of the hole

Comment

Working...
                            X