Prop help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop help

I have a 22' shearwater no T top, 10" jack plate. I am mounting a 300XS with a sport master lower unit & 1.75 gears on it and should have it ready to run by this weekend. Except for the prop. I am thinking 24 pitch maybe a bravo XS or even a promaster. I want top end and at least an average holeshot. Any thoughts?

The Tempest is always a decent prop to try.
    Had mixed results with the Bravo XS. This was back when they had 1 inch vent holes instead of 8 PVS holes.
    http://www.propgods.com/forum/defaul...g=posts&t=1007
    latt64 post the results of a back to back run toward the bottom of the first page.

The Promax would be a fun one to try. I don't deal with the racing props much. but I did have one guy with a 22 Sterling that bought a Pro Max and really liked it compared to the tempest plus.

It will be borderline between a 23 or 24 pitch.
    Most of the guys I dealt with were running mid to high 60's depending on load.

I have a 23 or 25 Tempest available for testing if you want to run something this weekend and you don't have a prop.

I don't have the Bravo XS or ProMax for testing. but I do sell them.

Ken Reeves
    KR@Propgods.com
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks Ken. I just got the tempest you sent. I fired up the motor last night and I plan on trying it out Saturday afternoon when it warms up some. I have 3 washers with the new hub. I hope I get them in the correct sequence.

Comment

I will send you the numbers I get with the 23 and see what you think. then maybe try the 25

Comment

I printed a paper that had the washer sequence on it and threw it in the box
          It had a picture, but it was not the best picture.

Thickest washer FIRST

Belleville (curved) washer SECOND

Thinner flat washer LAST.

Torque locknut to 55 lbs/ft.

Ken Reeves
          KR@Propgods.com
          941-735-5808

Comment

Damn I just found it. Sorry but I was like a kid opening a Christmas present.

Comment

This prop has some cup in it. will that help with stern lift?

Comment

The Tempest is a bow lifting prop.
                Pretty much all modern props have cupping of some kind.
                The blade design of the tempest is made for bow lift.

Ken Reeves
                KR@Propgods.com
                941-735-5808

Comment

Well my first run of the new motor did not go so good. I have some kind of fuel problems that the shop will have to figure out Monday. I'm pissed but the 23 tempest did great at 1000 rpms anyway. It got the boat back on the trailer. I just can't have nice things.

Comment

well keep us posted. hopefully they get it fixed soon.

Ken Reeves
                    KR@Propgods.com
                    941-735-5808

Comment

She ran good today. The 23 tempest ran 59.9 at 6000rpm. I tried a friends 23.5 bravo 1 and got 63MPH at 6200 rpms. Both had a good holeshot

Comment

Sounds like that Bravo did well !

Ken Reeves
                        KR@Propgods.com
                        941-735-5808

Comment

I am buying that Bravo 1 from my friend. I will send you back the Tempest. I will be wanting to try another one like a bravo1 24 in a couple months. Can you hook me up or I just need to buy it/

Comment

I probably won't have a Bravo FS around for testing unless someone returns one.
                            I keep the stock Bravo's, but thats all. Sounds like you want the FS or XS on that boat.

But I sell them.

Ken Reeves
                            KR@Propgods.com
                            941-735-5808

Comment

Hey Ken,

I was having some fuel supply problems when I gave you those numbers for the bravo 1, 23.5 pitch. I got them fixed and while I still like this prop I know I am leaving some speed out there. I can hit 6400 easily and I back off because I don't feel any rev limiter. I don't want to run the motor at 6400 except maybe in short spurts if needed. I don't get any additional speed out of the boat even at these RPMs. I have the sportmaster gear case and I can run the jackplate pretty high with good water pressure. What are your thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                              X