Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for prop advice on 2002 Regal 2765

Hi,

I have a 2002 Regal 2765. It has 2 - 4.3GL Volvo Pentas with SX out drives. I have noticed in the past couple of years that it is slower and slower to get out of the hole when there are people and gear on the boat. When I am alone on the boat, it gets right up on plane and will do about 45mph (GPS measured) on WOT (about 4300 rpm) with the motors trimmed properly.

However, if I get 4 adults on the boat, it often won't get on plane at all unless I ask them to move up front to redistribute the weight. Note that this boat does have trim tabs and I do put them all the way down when trying to get on plane.

I currently have Viper 14 3/4 x 19 props. I have never had them tuned up. There are a couple of burrs on the edges but nothing jumps out as being wrong.

I would really like to eliminate the hole shot issue and wouldn't mind losing a bit of speed to do it. Any recommendations on props?

Thanks,

Scott

PS - I have not tested to see if the hubs are spinning but plan to do that this weekend when I am out on the water.

Spoke on the phone yesterday, but I'm thinking the 17 pitch SFS4 would be decent, but if you want the best acceleration I'd go with the QST5 17 pitch.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
    X