Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 293cc Keywest with Twin F250 3.3L

Hi,
    We are currently running a 21P Rev 4 set on there. WOT RPM we get ~5800 at 54 MPH full tank of fuel and 4 people. On cruise with 1/2 tank of fuel, 5 people, and gear on board we cruise 4000 RPM at ~35 MPH, so close to the yamaha reports http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/def...-t-f250tur.pdf . The problem we are facing is we have a hard time keeping the bow down. Even with tabs all the way down and engines trimmed all the way under it still likes to hold the bow up a bit. Before we were running 21P Mirage Plus that would just hit the rev limiter with a full load and full fuel. The only problem with the Mirages was they would blow out all the time, head sea, following sea, and even quartering sea. The engines are mounted as high as they can go, but can still come up another 1". Was wondering if by any chance you had propped this model of Keywest before and if the Rev 4's be the best choice or should i try another prop? Thanks in advance.

Don't think I've done that specific setup before.

Bravo 1 22's would likely turn about the same RPM and speed, but give a lot more sternlift then the Rev 4's do.

That would be my bet.

They cost $549 each from me.

where are you located?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Hi Ken, we are located in Miami. Would you happen to have a set that can be rented? Also, i have seen a few props advertised as Bravo 1's, but have the PVS on them. Do they now come with PVS?
      Thanks, Ned

Comment

I do have a set of 22 Bravo's available.

If they have the PVS vent holes, they are likely the Bravo FS or XS.
        The FS and XS are modified. They cut the barrel down shorter to take away the sternlift from the prop, and add vent holes.
        They are good props as well, but not for what your trying to do. You want the original regular Bravo 1.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Ok, I will be contacting you in a few weeks then. I have to send the boat back to the factory for some transom repairs under warranty. As soon as i get her back I should be able to get a set to try, if not buy a set. Thanks for all the info and help, Ned

Comment

Working...
          X