Thrust Washer Stuck On Prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrust Washer Stuck On Prop

After replacing my original aluminum prop with a Quicksiver SS about 6 years ago, I wanted to use the old aluminum one again but it won't slide back on the prop shaft. I think the thrust washer that is on the prop must have shifted somehow and it is frozen in place. Any suggestions on how to get that sucker free? Motor is a 2014 F40LA Yammie. And yes,, I did post about this several months ago. Thanks for any help.

Is the washer stuck on the hub of the prop or gear case? Have you used penetrating oil and a mallet? Are the metals dissimilar? I always use a bronze thrust washer. If you get it off then make sure to use some grease before re-installing it and check it annually. If you have not removed your prop for so many years you are lucky you haven’t wrapped fishing line or debris in there and shredded the shaft seal.
    2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Can you post pics?

In advance of pics - spray numerous times with a PB blaster or similar penetrating oil.....
      Do you have a small torch? Chizzels and hammer?

Comment

Need the Lance-O-Matic 5000…😀

Comment

The washer is stuck on the prop.

Comment

• blaster
            blaster commented
            Editing a comment
            Soak in some Kinda oil!

Originally posted by slowman View Post
          The washer is stuck on the prop.
          lay prop on a flat surface, thrust hub down
          a large long flat blade screwdriver reaches down from the top and onto the top face oh hub
          hammer on screwdriver until it pops off.

Comment

Soak soak soak....then heat...pry...3 piece pully puller...hard to see from the pic showing..

Comment

Working...
            X