Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Mako Pro Skiff 17 Prop Advice Please

Good Day,

I am not able to get the recommended RPM's out of the prop that came on my boat when I purchased it new. It jumps on plane instantly but will not turn up the RPMs at WoT. From what Ive read and been told, this motor should be running between 5300-5500 rpm. A prop recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

2019 Mako Pro Skiff 17
    2019 Mercury 75hp 4 stroke (boat and engine have 8 hrs )
    4 Blade - Spitfire X7 13x17

Engine at WoT - 4700 rpm max
    Speed - 34 mph

3 batteries
    12 gal fuel (2 - 6gal tanks, one on each side)
    2 persons

Thank you,
    David

Well, the prop is hooking up well. just too much pitch.
    if you were to drop to a 15 pitch, it would accelerate even stronger, probably run the same top speed just turn 5300-5400 RPM to get there.
    Motor would be happier.

How about trim, are you trimmed up much to get 4700 at 34? what happens if you trim higher?
    do you have a jackplate? if so, are you experimenting with that much?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Ken's on it......all good...🙂

Comment

Thank you.

No jack plate. If I trim it up higher it will start to porpoise. The boat seems to be at proper trim at 4700.
        I added a couple of pics of motor height so you could see that as well.

Comment

Let's start with "I'm a dummy" Curious as to why a 4 blade prop and not 3 blades and I'd like to know when running can you see the anti cavitation plate? If not you might want to try raising her 1 hole.

Comment

Originally posted by LFBB View Post
            Let's start with "I'm a dummy" Curious as to why a 4 blade prop and not 3 blades and I'd like to know when running can you see the anti cavitation plate? If not you might want to try raising her 1 hole.
            It came with the 4 blade from the factory. I havent looked at the cavitation plate while running.

Comment

Originally posted by daveola210 View Post

It came with the 4 blade from the factory. I havent looked at the cavitation plate while running.
              Again, no expert, but when running up on plane, if the anti cavitation plate is under the water when trimmed up, you might want to raise her 1 hole and see how that works. That said, anything Ken2 says will trump my opinion any day.

Comment

I agree with LFBB
                if the motor looks a little low in the water flow while your running, raising it may help with the porpoising, AND might go a little faster and turn more RPM with your existing prop.

here is a link with what to look for. https://www.bandofboaters.com/forum/...gs-to-look-for

The spitfire X7 prop that you have normally has great traction and can run pretty high in the water flow.

Ken Reeves
                [email protected]
                941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
                X