Blue Wave 2000 PB Prop Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Wave 2000 PB Prop Help

I have a 2020 Blue Wave 2000 Pure Bay with a Yamaha 200XB. Prop is a Yamaha Reliance 14 1/4” x 17P. Also have a Bob’s hydraulic jack plate. I’m not seeing the top end numbers that I expected. Current max speed trimmed out is about 48mph at 5400RPM with a relatively light load. I was thinking of going down to a 14 1/2” x 15P? Seem like a good idea? Stick with the Reliance prop? Any help or recommendations would be appreciated!

How much stuff do you have on the boat?
    trolling motor? how many batteries, Ttop, power poles ?
    how are you loaded for that speed? people, fuel, gear....

Other than being low on RPM, anything you want to change about how the boat handles?

The speed numbers are a little odd, as 5400 RPM, 1.86 gear ratio, and 17 pitch gives negative 3% slip.
    I've seen that a few times recently with yamaha props, so maybe they are making them different now.
    Was that speed on GPS? analog or smart guages?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks for the reply! Trolling motor, 4 batteries in center console, no t top or power poles. Numbers are with a nominal amount of fishing gear, maybe 20 gallons of gas, and only one person on the boat. The speed is measured by GPS. The hole shot and mid range acceleration are excellent, but I was expecting more top end.

Comment

I would want to try a Powertech PTZ3 in 17 pitch.
        I know on paper it doesn't seem much different then what you have, but if it gets the bow up a little bit, you might get a little better top end.
        it will definitely get your RPM up higher.

If we go to a 4 blade, your probably going to give up top end.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
        X