Prop recommendation 25 wellcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop recommendation 25 wellcraft

I have a 2002 Wellcraft 250 Fisherman that i just repowered with a 2008 yamaha F250. currently the prop came from my 02 merc 250 it is a 14.5 x 19 question is does the speen and RPM seem about correct. If i runnning in the 4000 RPM range it wants to fall off plane.
    The RPM and speed i am getting is as follows
    6100 41 MPH 20.5 GPH
    6000 39 MPH 20.4 GPH
    5100 31 MPH 12.8 GPH

Your slip is very high.
    I'm going to guess that is probably a Mercury Vengeance propeller, which I am not a fan of.

I would suggest a Powertech OFS4 in 17 pitch.
    Out of curiosity, how fast did the boat run with the Mercury at wide open?
    what hole was the Mercury mounted in, and what hole is the Yamaha mounted in?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

With the Mercery it would run 38 mph at wide open 4800 RPM not sure what you are asking about the hole, the motor was mounted in the same holes that the mercery was in. the current prop is the Stiletto Advantage II it is actually a 14 1/4 if the .25 matters (i just looked it up)

Comment

Sorry I'm late to respond.
        As for the holes, the motors have a few holes to choose from on mounting height. Holes on the transom are the same, but holes on the motors are likely different.
        Yamaha has 4 holes to choose from, Mercury has 5, so they are a little different either way.

If the bolt is going through the Top hole, that would be hole #1, and its the lowest motor position.
        if its going through the bottom hole, it would be hole #4, and it would be the highest motor position.
        which hole is your bolt going through?

I'm actually surprised the Stiletto is slipping that much, but it is.

I'd still suggest a powertech OFS4 17 pitch.

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

It is in the 2nd hole

Comment

you can take a look at the motor in the water flow while your running.
            https://www.bandofboaters.com/forum/...gs-to-look-for

But my bet is still on the 17 OFS4

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
            X