Branding for the sceptics Quicksilver vs Mercury branded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding for the sceptics Quicksilver vs Mercury branded.

I reached out to Ken while waiting to hear from Mercury re Propeller lack of availability and suitable substitutes for an Enertia. Ken recommended a Quicksilver saying it is the exact same as the Mercury just their non exclusive to dealers version etc. Anyhow yesterday I got a response from Mercury which is below. Just wanted to say Ken knows his stuff alright, and I can't wait to get the new Q3 tomorrow that he sent me.

Re: Mercury 150hp PRO XS

Mr. Bebee:
    Thank you for your e-mail regarding your Mercury engine, serial number 2B524737. We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.
    The Quicksilver Q3 is the QuickSilver version of the Mercury Enertia. Both are made of the X7 alloy and come in the same pitches and diameters.
    We hope this information is helpful to you. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service department at 920-929-5040 between the hours of 7:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, CST.
    Sincerely,
    Mercury Outboard Customer Assistance

A few years ago the local GMC dealer took delivery of a load of pickups from the factory....they all had Chevrolet lettered tailgates...took a while for them to get the right tailgates....
    Markofs

Comment

• BEEBZ
      BEEBZ commented
      Editing a comment
      Now thats hillarious! Ive read such back and forth on non OEM props so this was nice to know even though I already dropped the cash on Kens advice.

Nice ! anxious to hear how it runs !

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

I was at the dealer meeting when they announced the quicksilver/mercury parts decision.
      All parts from merc to their dealers were labeled (1st mercap) quicksilver parts ( a little wordplay)
      Only available to merc dealers,
      Mercruiser used a lot of GM based product and the after market was selling a lot of parts to mercruiser customers ,merc was locked out of the box stores, west marine etc because of their dealer agreements.
      Decision was 2 parts brands, quicksilver parts and mercury parts.
      quicksilver was to include all the products that was available aftermarket and would be sold to anybody.mercury is the dealer only brand and has all the parts.

Comment

Working...
      X