Prop advice for 2017 F150 on 2017 North River Seahawk 20 OB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prop advice for 2017 F150 on 2017 North River Seahawk 20 OB

My F150's owner's manual states that the full throttle operating range is 5000-6000 rpm.
    I am maxing out at right about 5000 rpm and hitting 40 mph at roughly 4000 feet above sea level.
    Current prop is a Michigan Wheel 14.5 x 19 aluminum.
    I don't feel this is the correct prop for my setup.

Any suggestions?

Need to drop to a 16 pitch.
    on the 150, I like going with a little smaller diameter, just so it doesn't clunk or chatter going into gear.
    The Powetech PTZ3 would be my first choice.

Down at sealevel, I'd expect that boat to run mid 40's, and you could probably turn a 17, but up high, you'll probalby be happy with the 16.
    I have them on my site. currently, they ship about 4-6 weeks after you order. (everyone is backed up on everything)
    If you get it and decide you want a different pitch or style, you can swap out for $35 plus shipping.

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thank you Ken,

I would have guessed 17 pitch in the REL3 or PTC but that's why I asked.
      I'm going to go ahead and order that 16 pitch PTZ3, do you think I'll lose much top end with it?

Thanks,

Derrick

Comment

I honestly wouldn’t worry a bit about ‘top end’ when the alternative whilst lugging on OB, like you were, is a shortened lifetime or blown engine ...

Oh yeah, Ken’s the best!
        Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

i think the top end will be about the same, heck you might pick up a mph. but the throttle response and acceleration will be MUCH better.

Ken Reeves
          [email protected]
          941-735-5808

Comment

It's ordered. I can't wait.
            Hoping the pipeline being shut down doesn't slow them down too much.

Does the PTZ3 come with everything needed to mount on the Yamaha?

Thanks,

Derrick

Comment

Yeah, everything has been plenty slow already without running out of gas !
              thankfully I saw on the news they got that back up and running again.

Yes, the hub will be in it, and its going to just use the yamaha hardware, slide the old one off and the new one on.

Ken Reeves
              [email protected]
              941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
              X