2000 Sailfish 216 with a 1999 Yammy OX66 SX200TXRX, prop recommendations please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Sailfish 216 with a 1999 Yammy OX66 SX200TXRX, prop recommendations please

Hi,
    I'd like a prop recommendation for a 2000 Sailfish 216 with a 1999 Yamaha OX66 SX200TXRX. Can you help a newbie out? 20' length, 7' 5" beam, 2100lbs empty. T-Top, usually 4 to 6 people, 30 gallons min of fuel and 5 gallon fresh water wash down and 2 group 24 batteries. Lotsa rods and coolers and family members that think we'll be on the water for a week straight so they pack accordingly. What I'm trying to say is she might be a little on the heavy side... She has a M21 prop (14.25x21 3-blade) but I'm seriously low on RPMs, like 3900 max and I'm not sure if the prop is even in the ball park or I have some kinda major engine issue. All cylinders are almost dead nuts 110PSI. Honestly I don't even know where to start. All filters are new, not sure what to try next, so any advice is appreciate. Thanks.

21 pitch is just way too much pitch.

I would expect that boat to top out in the low 40's with the load you describe.
    My first choice would be a Quicksilver Q3 16 pitch. great all around 3 blade.
    a less expensive option would be an OFS3 16 pitch.

Either would be a stellar improvement over your current numbers.
    I don't think there is anything wrong with your motor, its just way too much prop for that boat loaded like you describe.

If you get one from me and decide you want to swap out for a different pitch or style, its $35 plus shipping to swap out.
    email or call anytime [email protected]

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

Working...
      X