Hanko 206V with Honda BF150 6400RPM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hanko 206V with Honda BF150 6400RPM

Made two runs today. Both with the same result. New boat/Prop, so there's no wear on the prop.

Running light - Just me, and 40 gallons of fuel. 19P OFS3 PowerTech

I was able to get the following:

3000 RPM - 22 MPH
    3800 RPM - 30 MPH
    4000 RPM - 32 MPH
    5000 RPM - 43 MPH
    6000 RPM - 47 MPH
    *6400 RPM - 49 MPH

*I stopped both runs at 6400RPM because RPM and MPH were still climbing, and I did not want to go any higher than 6400RPM. I will try a 21P Quicksilver Tempest Plus next, because I already have one in my stash.

Any recommendations ?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chasu; 03-15-2021, 10:14 PM.

Originally posted by chasu View Post
    Made two runs today. Both with the same result. New boat/Prop, so there's no wear on the prop.

Running light - Just me, and 40 gallons of fuel. 19P OFS3 PowerTech

I was able to get the following:

3000 RPM - 22 MPH
    3800 RPM - 30 MPH
    4000 RPM - 32 MPH
    5000 RPM - 43 MPH
    6000 RPM - 47 MPH
    *6400 RPM - 49 MPH

*I stopped both runs at 6400RPM because RPM and MPH were still climbing, and I did not want to go any higher than 6400RPM. I will try a 21P Quicksilver Tempest Plus next, because I already have one in my stash.

Any recommendations ?
    50 MPH?? Wow. That's scooting for a boat that size..
    As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
    2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
    2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
    Mobile, Al.
    Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Originally posted by KMac View Post

50 MPH?? Wow. That's scooting for a boat that size..
      20' tip to bottom of the transom with a 24" standoff bracket and 6" hydraulic jack plate. I think if it's propped right, it'll do over 50. Maybe close to 55. Once I add batteries and trolling motor/chargers, it'll probably top out around 50 fully rigged. I just want to cruise around 32-35mph and get decent fuel burn numbers. I'm hoping to get close to 5mpg at cruise. If I can do that, I'll be as smooth as a roping pen on Friday Night !

Comment

Originally posted by chasu View Post

20' tip to bottom of the transom with a 24" standoff bracket and 6" hydraulic jack plate. I think if it's propped right, it'll do over 50. Maybe close to 55. Once I add batteries and trolling motor/chargers, it'll probably top out around 50 fully rigged. I just want to cruise around 32-35mph and get decent fuel burn numbers. I'm hoping to get close to 5mpg at cruise. If I can do that, I'll be as smooth as a roping pen on Friday Night !
        Sounds like you have a plan and know what you are wanting. That is the biggest part.
        As of April 2nd, boatless for the first time in many years.
        2019 Tidewater 252 CC Twin F150's- SOLD
        2016 Tidewater 230 CC VF250 SHO- SOLD
        Mobile, Al.
        Dauphin Island, Al.

Comment

Sounds solid to me, 50 with a 150 is about the most anyone sees. Tweaking things with the jack plate will add some for sure.

Comment

Thanks ......... It didn't lose water pressure, or cavitate and was still rising in RPM and speed when I stopped the run, so I know it didn't blow out at the surface. I'll see where the 21P Tempest Plus gets me, It shouldn't see 6400 with the 21P (I hope). The test is a bust with the 19P because I had to shut it down before max RPM and speed at WOT. I learned all this about slip and stuff from Ken. I don't know what the boat weight is

Comment

I ordered a hub kit for the Honda/Quicksilver application. Evidently the thrust washers are different. Probably a week out for delivery.

Comment

Tempest 21 will be interesting.
                fall back plan would be the OFS3 in 21 pitch. the 19 definitely gave you solid numbers, so if it handled well, might just stick with the same style and go 21.

might load the boat up however you plan to run most of the time just to see how sensitive the boat is to weight.
                some boat really drop off quick with added weight, and others don't care much.

Ken Reeves
                [email protected]
                941-735-5808

Comment

Interesting, indeed.

3500RPM-31MPH
                  3800RPM-33MPH
                  4000RPM-33MPH
                  5000RPM-45MPH
                  5500RPM-47MPH
                  6400RPM-53MPH-WOT

It creeped to 6400RPM, but sat there a while and wasn't climbing, so I think it peaked. 6400RPM and 53MPH, so that's the baseline. Looking to borrow a 21P OFS3 or 21P OFS4 to test. I'll be loading two batteries and an 80# ulterra pretty soon, maybe a week or two, but that'll be about it. 65lbs each battery and about 50lbs for the TM.

Comment

How did the Tempest handle ? did it have anymore bowlift?
                    Your at 10% slip which is normal for that prop.
                    I'd say throw a 23 on there and see what it does.

That trolling motor on the bow may slow things down a bit.
                    I'd definitely want to run that 21 Tempest back to back after you add the trolling motor and batteries just to see exactly what changes.

How cold is it where you are running?

Ken Reeves
                    [email protected]
                    941-735-5808

Comment

The Tempest Plus handled fine. Definitely more bow lift. It seemed that the whole boat road higher at WOT with the Tempest than with the OFS3. The boat ran really high. It was about 65 degrees when I made the run.

Comment

well, let us know if anything changes with the trolling motor.

Ken Reeves
                        [email protected]
                        941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
                        X