23 Key West Honda BF250 prop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23 Key West Honda BF250 prop

Looking for the best overall prop recommendation. The boat is a 1999 Key West 2300 Blue Water. Specs say it comes in at 2800 pounds. Repowering with a 2016 Honda BF250. As far as prop priorities I’m looking for economy and cruise speed as primary with top end and whole shot a distant 2nd. Any guidance is appreciated.

My first thought would be a 19 pitch Quicksilver Thunderbolt.
    and I'd expect high 40's for speed.
    but it depends on how you load the boat most of the time, that will change the speed we expect, and the pitch you may need.

its a repower, what was your old motor? with the old motor, and the boat loaded up like you actually use it most of the time, what was your wide open GPS speed?

Ken Reeves
    [email protected]
    941-735-5808

Comment

It’s had a 250 OX66 with a SWS 17. It ran high 40’s at the end of the day when most of the fuel as gone. It was/is going to be used for 50 mile runs off the coast. Will mostly be fished by 3 occasionally 4 of us. The Yamaha got decent gph for a 2 stroke. Maybe 1.5 mpg in perfect conditions. The Honda is 25” with no Jack plate. I’ve added Bennett auto tabs for help with the hole shot. I’m more about comfort than speed so I’ll spend an extra half hour to hour to get where I’m going instead of taking a beating.

Comment

I guessing gear/ice and people about 1000 pounds. Boat holds 120 gallons of fuel and it will be full leaving the ramp. So add another 720#’s for that.

Comment

I think a 19 Thunderbolt would do well.
          Just a good all around 3 blade. pretty fast and cruises well.
          I have them available to test also.

Ken Reeves
          [email protected]
          941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
          X