2001 Boston whaler 280 outrage twin 275 verados prop advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Boston whaler 280 outrage twin 275 verados prop advise

Looking for prop advise on a 2001 Boston whaler 280 outrage with twin 2005 mercury 275 verados. Right now I have multi resurfaced 3 blade 17p mirages and my fuel economy is the pits. The verados have only 380 hours and 1.85 gear ratio . Boat turns 6100-6200 rpm and I usually cruise 4500 going 22 knots at .7-.9 MPG (for both engines) depending on ocean conditions . WOT around 40 mph. Only had the boat a few months but I fish as much as possible inshore and offshore so re propping is a must. After researching this model seems like rev4 is the common answer. Boat is heavy 11k-13k loaded slow getting on plane but can be done at 4500-4600 rpm . Looking for the best economy I can get and hoping to stay on plane at lower rpms as well , as I cover a lot of ground in lots of different weather. Appreciate the feedback thanks

Damn, 4500 to get on plane! Maybe I'm used to smaller boats, but I can get up at a tad over 3K.

Comment

Heavy boat getting the bow down requires that kind of power. Forgot to mention a stern-lifting prop would be great.

Comment

Quicksilver Q4's same prop as the Revolution 4 17 pitch.
        I have a set available to test if you like.
        I would expect that fuel burn at 22 KTS to improve a bit. that is pretty bad

Ken Reeves
        [email protected]
        941-735-5808

Comment

Thanks ken as of now we are buried in snow here on Long Island but may take you up on that offer as the weather improves.

Comment

sound like a plan

Ken Reeves
            [email protected]
            941-735-5808

Comment

Working...
            X