Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting... Bacteria, not fungus...

Comment

Boating Colleagues, my apology for the poorly spellchecked previous entry. I was voice-texting on my phone from my car. Per your questions, and skepticism, there is a simple reason why no one before us has been able to figure out a sound solution to S. Reticulum. Most all of the attempts by chemical companies have been to create a topical solution. Since most topical solutions have molecules larger than the molecule of the vinyl. the chemical cannot "work" it's way through the entire cross-section of the vinyl to kill the bacteria and eradicate the pink pigment. The molecules in our chemical agent is smaller than the molecule of the vinyl. Together with a very specialized light (not UV), the pink spots can be eradicated in 60 minutes. And in 3 years of testing, we have never had even one spot return using a full 60 minute protocol. The light system we use is actually a very sophisticated computer with a series of controller boards and an electronic optical eye that continually analyzes the temperature of the vinyl. The vinyl has to be at a certain temperature to excite the chemical agent. Since there are thousands of lights in the spectrum, the lights we use did not even exist a couple years ago in LED form. We had to search the world to see if it said LED was even produced. Eventually, we, realized there wasn’t any current LED’s that were effective for our needs so one of our lead scientists, whom has a Phd in physics, had to custom manufacture the LED. This custom LED produces a particular set of colors that are effective when the pigment in the pink stain and PA-15 chemical agent collide. It’s an extremely narrow range of light that had to be within 5 nanometers of accuracy. The patent alone took a solid year to write. Here is one of our videos to give you an idea how the system works. Please note that most of our customers, which include boat builders, marinas and dealers, typically have on hand 3-6 lights to treat most boats in an hour. https://vimeo.com/145759992 .

If your local dealer does not know about us, I invite you to tell them about us. We are the real deal and have references from boat builders and marinas to prove it.

David Kraft, VP Sales - Gestalt Scientific
      www.gestaltscientific.com

Comment

• Kurfew
        Kurfew commented
        Editing a comment
        One more thing.......if you are a dealer, marina or boat builder, there is a value proposition in this for you. Being one of only a few companies in the country that own a Pink-Away System, you can imagine the traffic you are going to get to treat pinking on out-of-warranty customers as well as one still under warranty.

Looks very time consuming. Also not sure how one would use that contraption on rounded areas, bolsters or other vertical surfaces. Holding it for 10 minutes for each area over multiple treatments sounds like PIA and not very practical.

Comment

• Kurfew
        Kurfew commented
        Editing a comment
        The system comes with a positioning system. (3 monopods) for vertical surfaces. No holding whatsoever. And I don't think anyone is going to complain about getting rid of a pink spot in one hour. The unit is for commercial use so you would have to find a dealer that has one.

If Fish'nfool is ok with living with pink spots, then don't look into it any further. If you want the only solution on the planet, practical or not, then this is it.

The system comes with a positioning system. (3 monopods) for vertical surfaces. No holding whatsoever. And I don't think anyone is going to complain about getting rid of a pink spot in one hour. The unit is for commercial use so you would have to find a dealer that has one.

If Fish'nfool is ok with living with pink spots, then don't look into it any further. If you want the only solution on the planet, practical or not, then this is it.

Comment

Here are the positioning monopods for the Pink-Away System Light

Comment

Thank-you for following up on your claims about your product.

​​​​​Is there anyway you could post a video of the pink removal process?

Any before and after pictures from a real world treatment?
          2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Originally posted by blaster View Post
          The link was okay, says they are in Washington state.

Some alleged proprietary liquid, and special light to activate it. Kind of a cheesy website, but not toxic.
          Yes, a video where the pink is removed versus a video that shows only lightening the pink.

Comment

If you need references, we have as many as you can write down. Many boat builders have done field tests with us.This is permanent removal.......not lightening as you are perceiving. I'm not sure where you are seeing it just lightening as opposed to eradicating the pink spot completely. The video is very clear. If you don't believe it works or care to take the time to check the references of companies that actually have the system, then you should probably continue to burn through your vinyl with bleach and baking soda

Comment

I had the Pink seeping thru on a Hydra Sports..

Comment

• blaster
                blaster commented
                Editing a comment
                Had? How did you eradicate it?

Blaster, it showed itself during the first 3 years and was replaced under warranty. I know thru the years, manufacturers have tried to reduce costs, perhaps getting material overseas. HydraSports said it was not uncommon due to a bad batch of material they unfortunately were using. Once they replaced the bolsters and cushions, I never had a problem again.

Comment

Good on HydraSports to stand behind their product. I'm glad to hear they replaced it. I was just curious if you had a magic bullet for pinking.
                2010 Sea Ray 205 Boston Whaler dauntless 15 W/75 merc 14' Shakespeare Wondercraft W/Merc110 17' Gheenoe W/Johnson 4.5 Other assorted watercraft

Comment

Hello again everybody. Here is a video which shows how the Pink-Away system works. Enjoy! https://youtu.be/44zjo_1MAD8

Comment

Good video, much more explanatory.

My only criticism, while the video focused on the end result, I wish it showed close-ups of the pinking before the treatment.

So if one's cushions suffer from pinking in spots, that pinking is eradicated, is it logical to assume that pinking will show up in other areas as time goes on, thus require subsequent treatments? Seems like this could be something that would be required in perpetuity (or at least until ever square inch of the vinyl is treated) so-long as the existing cushions/vinyl are in place.

Comment

Pink Away Solution helps you to remove pink stain from Boat seats.
                      This video show you how Pink Away solution works. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uysz3MNgYwI
                      Researching the solution for Pink Stain on Boat Seats. Working with Gestaltscientific team

https://gestaltscientific.com/

Phone: 888.314.6882

Email: service@gestaltscientific.com

Happy to Help You!

Comment

Hello everyone. This is such an interesting and challenging problem. A bit of background about myself before my comments/questions. I have spent 20+ years in the analytical chemistry business working for contract testing labs and lab instrument manufacturers. I’ve spent a handful of years specializing in polymer additives analysis as well so have a fairly good understanding of the role additives play and their potential issues. A couple months ago I was asked to provide some technical advice to someone in the boat sales and storage industry. This person manages a marina, boat sales, and storage operation and over the past few years has had this issue of pinking come and go.

ok, now for the comment/questions...

I can find a lot of info on the web in both articles and forums about the issue of pink staining caused by bacteria, but don’t see as much info about the pinking caused by oxidation of the phenolic based additives. The pinking that my contact is experiencing is the latter. It is occurring in used boats as well as new boats that have never been in the water. It happens right on the showroom floor to boats that are not covered. My past experience with additives initially told me that the issue was entirely due to the additives package being used by the vinyl manufacturers. In visiting the storage location, I’ve seen that the issue is occurring on some boats, but not all even though they all sit in the same showroom. It is not isolated to a single manufacturer either. The boat manufacturers are telling my contact that they are not hearing of this problem from any of their other retailers. If that is true (and I’m not sure it is), then the manufacturers aren’t going to do anything for a single retailer. So, if this is an isolated issue, what things could be causing this to be a problem in this particular showroom? Any past experience that anyone would be able to share would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

JB

Comment

Working...
                        X