Vinyl Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl Restoration

I have a 2003 model Grady White that I bought in August. The coaming bolsters and stern seats are very hard and becoming brittle. Best recommendations for a product to soften them back up a bit?

I am hoping to get one season out of them before I replace next winter

I read some glowing review of something called 303 protectant. Doubt it would soften them. But wonder if it would help extend the life of the vinyl if used regularly. Anybody used it?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post
      I read some glowing review of something called 303 protectant. Doubt it would soften them. But wonder if it would help extend the life of the vinyl if used regularly. Anybody used it?
      I've used 303 on every boat I've owned since new (in the North!). Regular application, and with common sense maintenance, my upholstery always looked like new when I sold the boats many years later. The stuff definitely works. I do have a "no Cheeto's" rule though.

Comment

X2 on 303, but I don’t know of a product to soften them up
        ‘12 Blackwood 27 - sold
        '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
        '18 Fountain 38 - sold
        ’19 Invincible 36 - 350 Verado’s

Comment

Originally posted by TomS View Post

I've used 303 on every boat I've owned since new (in the North!). Regular application, and with common sense maintenance, my upholstery always looked like new when I sold the boats many years later. The stuff definitely works. I do have a "no Cheeto's" rule though.
          I try to keep the spray sunscreen off the boat too.

Gonna give the 303 a try

Comment

Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post

I try to keep the spray sunscreen off the boat too.

Gonna give the 303 a try
            Yes, I never allow any sprays either. I'm even a little hinky about regular lotions as I've seen orange stains appear from those too.

Comment

Yep.. 303..

Comment

Working...
              X