• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Top Canvas

Who makes them and whats best material?

Nobody

Comment

http://www.g2outfitters.com/ did mine, as for material I guess that would be a personal choice.

Comment

Sorry, not familiar with anyone.
        '12 Blackwood - 300 Verado's
        '17 Nor-Tech 340 - sold
        '18 Fountain 38 - 350 Verado's

Comment

Thanks, my first time also.

Comment

Originally posted by Slough View Post
            Who makes them and whats best material?
            A few questions, if I may.
            What type of boat or T-Top?
            Is the T-Top laced?
            What are you looking for? Shade from sun? Rain? Style? Color? Where do you boat?
            Materials we use:
            Weblon or Sunbrella.

Weblon:
            Pros:
            - Vinyl type, good protection from rain, sun, easy to clean.
            - Last long, not much more than Sunbrella.
            Cons:
            - Can be hot with darker colors in warmer climates.
            - Cannot patch. (easily or worth a damn looks wise).

Sunbrella:
            Pros:
            - Darker coolers are cooler, it breathes.
            - Slightly cheaper.
            Cons:
            - Lighter colors get dirty quickly.
            - Harder to keep clean.
            - Eventfully looses its water repellent.

I prefer Weblon, and Laceless.

We use a couple of shops here in town. They come out and string them.
            Depending on where you are, I am sure there are shops, not normal canvas shops tho, stringing a T-Top is an art.
            Engine Sales and Service
            Ph +1 954.463.1515
            Fx +1
            Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
            www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

A few questions, if I may.
              What type of boat or T-Top? 240 Pro-Line
              Is the T-Top laced? Yes
              What are you looking for? Shade from sun? Yes Rain? Yes Style? Plain Color? Green, possible White Where do you boat? N. Fl-S Ga.

No One around me does it. Don't really want to pull boat to shop and leave it. Have read of a few you can send old top to and they make new one and send back. I figure lacing is going to be tricky part.

Comment

I personally prefer Weblon strictly for being more water proof. Mine came in matching colors to the hull. White on top and light green on the bottom which was a nice touch. And also, I've replaced the lacing several times. It's not difficult at all.

Isn't there a company on the Web that will make your new one right off the old one as a pattern if you send it in to them? Seems like I've heard of them on TOS with good reviews. They were around $200 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sailfish 218 View Post
                  I personally prefer Weblon strictly for being more water proof. Mine came in matching colors to the hull. White on top and light green on the bottom which was a nice touch. And also, I've replaced the lacing several times. It's not difficult at all.

Isn't there a company on the Web that will make your new one right off the old one as a pattern if you send it in to them? Seems like I've heard of them on TOS with good reviews. They were around $200 I believe.
                  I agree the lacing isn't that hard, maybe to have it looking reel nice takes some practice though. Company you refer too is the one I linked earlier, that's my boat on their web page, shameless plug I know but they treated me well.

Comment

Sounds that's the way to go.
                    The way we go, you don't get to $200.
                    On TOS, Classic 25 does this I believe, there was a mild pissing match one time, someone might have had unattainable expectations.
                    I do know, NO ONE that does it for us, uses the old top, they always template new.
                    Engine Sales and Service
                    Ph +1 954.463.1515
                    Fx +1
                    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

oparker@parkeryacht.com
                    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

• Gnrphil
                      Gnrphil commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Just offing an option, I'm saying it's the best way to go. I'm sure there are plenty of options.

I had a new t-top canvas made for my Proline 240. The shop used the old fabric for a template. I took lots of pictures of the lacing and installed it myself. One trick is....use zip ties to get the tension even around the perimeter before starting to lace. That also eliminated the need for a second person. Good luck.

Comment

Second vote on go2outfitters...as long as it is a trampoline style and not too boogered up they'll re-do it for roughly 200$...turn around time was quick.

Comment

Went with go2. They did a good job and fast turn around.

Comment

Working...
                        X