What fills needle holes in vinyl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fills needle holes in vinyl

I thought i cam across something like vinyl compound. I had to resew a vinyl seam but now i have a number of the needle holes showing right outside the seam. Anyway to fill them?

I'd ask SailRite, at https://www.sailrite.com/
    Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

Not that I know of.

Comment

I don’t know if it is any good, or not, but google liquid vinyl repair kit.

Comment

Hey, now that I think of it, I did use one of those 'vinyl repair kits' on the folding seats to my 14' skiff. It not only worked well, holes the size of BBs, but I matched it perfectly!

On the bottom of the seat there was some 'excess' material with the surface impression or dimples of the vinyl material on it. So I cut off a 1/2" square piece, cleaned it, and then sprayed it with Pam cooking spray (as a mold release) on the surface side. Once I glued up the repair spot, I turned that piece upside-down over the hole - like a reverse mold - and let it cure a good couple days.

PRESTO ... when I removed the piece I had a perfect repair and surface match!
          Life is too short for an ugly boat!

Comment

• jmike
            jmike commented
            Editing a comment
            Lucky you, I tried it once a lot of years ago on a car seat with less the impressive results LOL
        Working...
        X