• KMac
    replied
    Originally posted by SIM View Post
    Wow..

Leave a comment:

• SIM
    replied
    Originally posted by bluewaterposer View Post
    Hey Jtw18, you seem well versed in ICE, I cannot comprehend how a spark can keep up with 6000 RPM in a 2 stroke, that's firing a hundred times a second, I just cannot understood how electrons move and recover that fast.
    Call me fascinated by electron theory, there's a 60 second Dyno run of a 2.5 Mercury turning 10 grand that is a mechanical symphony.

Google speedmastermarine and Mercury 2.5 Dyno, pure music.
    BWP

Leave a comment:

• jethro1
    replied
    Hey Jtw18, you seem well versed in ICE, I cannot comprehend how a spark can keep up with 6000 RPM in a 2 stroke, that's firing a hundred times a second, I just cannot understood how electrons move and recover that fast.
    Call me fascinated by electron theory, there's a 60 second Dyno run of a 2.5 Mercury turning 10 grand that is a mechanical symphony.

BWP
    To a computer and electricity, their millisecond (or less) is not happening as fast to them as one minute out of sixty minutes is to you. Or me.

Let's say I ask you to push a button that illuminates a light for one minute out of each hour. You can easily do that. You will be bored waiting for 60 seconds to go buy. More bored waiting for the other 59 minutes to go buy.

A computer can pulse a spark plug for millisecond or two (thousandths of a second) out of every second and then be bored waiting for the other thousandths of a second to go by while waiting to do it all over again.

Leave a comment:

• jethro1
    replied
    Originally posted by Pstephens46 View Post
    Isn’t Amsoil related to Amway? None for me, thanks.
    Not the same but the same marketing methodology.

Leave a comment:

• jtw18
    replied
    Originally posted by SIM View Post

We have considered getting into the injector cleaning business. Those machines seem to be top of the line, from what I have researched.
    It's can be a very good business for sure. Also a great service to provide since so many people fail to keep StaBil or some other fuel treatment in their gas. As for the brand, yes, they're pretty much the top of the heap and why I use someone with one.

Leave a comment:

• SIM
    replied
    Originally posted by jtw18 View Post

I don't personally, there is a guy 10 min from me that does though and he knows his stuff. Processes thousands of injectors a month. Why do you ask?
    We have considered getting into the injector cleaning business. Those machines seem to be top of the line, from what I have researched.

Leave a comment:

• Billinstuart
    replied

BWP
    It's called "event duration". The length of spark duration is pretty short. Can't do it with mechanical points. This is why timing is advanced..the mechanism of "flame front travel" is a finite time, and the fuel burn must be initiated early so you get full fuel burn/peak cylinder pressure at, or slightly after, TDC.

The much discussed "multispark" systems only work up to 3000 rpms or so. As fast as the spark is, you can't regenerate a spark fast enough to help any above that rpm.

Leave a comment:

• Billinstuart
    replied

For 10 years I had a Farmall A that had approximately 7-1 compression and was hand started, which was fun, when I quote, quote overhauled it the Piston was loose in bore without rings and slightly tighter with.

Max RPM was 1700 and it ran perfect after my wrenching, funny thing was it had only 3 main bearings and the crank had a heck of a swing down to the next rod bearing.

Bore 3 inches, stroke, 4 inches, it pulled like crazy with a 67-1 drive ratio.
    Back to topic, filtering is great until it's so fine that it blocks all flow, then not so much.
    My rookie opinion only, take with a grain of salt!
    BWP
    Some of those old flat head engines were splash oiled, like a lawn mover engine. Now THERE'S a good example of poor oil filter and its effect on engine life.

Leave a comment:

• bluewaterposer
    replied

BWP

Leave a comment:

• jtw18
    replied

That is Charlie being funny, he's a conservative from New Jersey and that is his humor.,.

BWP
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied
    No it just seemed he took an unnecessary cheap shot. I could be wrong but that's how I saw it...Charlie

Leave a comment:

• bluewaterposer
    replied

I'm totally not being nasty...hence the laughing emoji
    That is Charlie being funny, he's a conservative from New Jersey and that is his humor.,.

BWP

Leave a comment:

• jtw18
    replied
    Originally posted by Mako runner View Post

No need to get nasty...Charlie
    I'm totally not being nasty...hence the laughing emoji

Leave a comment:

• Mako runner
    replied

Sure is a rookie opinion.