2016 Yamaha 200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 Yamaha 200

Was out running my 277 Cobia with twin I4 200's had been out for about an hour combination idling and running 35-40 mph. On the way back in I switched the 6yc monitor to motor just to look at it. One motor was showing zero water pressure on the gauge. I got no alarms, nothing on the display and the motor ran great pisses strong came off plane to an idle started up again the gauge never moved off 0. I know their is a water pressure sensor on the motor, water pump was changed 3 months ago and I checked the gauge and it was registering water pressure. How do you check the sensor. Or do you just pay the man and replace it. Thanks for your help

Originally posted by Beak Boater View Post
    Was out running my 277 Cobia with twin I4 200's had been out for about an hour combination idling and running 35-40 mph. On the way back in I switched the 6yc monitor to motor just to look at it. One motor was showing zero water pressure on the gauge. I got no alarms, nothing on the display and the motor ran great pisses strong came off plane to an idle started up again the gauge never moved off 0. I know their is a water pressure sensor on the motor, water pump was changed 3 months ago and I checked the gauge and it was registering water pressure. How do you check the sensor. Or do you just pay the man and replace it. Thanks for your help
    There could be some calcium on the hole for the water inlet on the sensor, might pay to remove the sensor and inspect that first.
    Engine Sales and Service
    Ph +1 954.463.1515
    Fx +1
    Toll Free: 800.622.6747

[email protected]
    www.parkeryacht.com

Member of the MSHS Group

Comment

Thanks will check it.

Comment

You could swap sensors. Yam water pressure seems to be kinda crazy to measure. Low pressure, high volume. Low rpms you got nothing. And no overheat....

Comment

Just a follow up. checked the adapter, and hose for salt build up, couldn't find any. Swapped the sensors from motor to motor and the problem followed the sensor in question. Ordered a new sensor and put it on....good to go. Boy Yamaha is sure proud of that little part.

Comment

Great, solved your cooling problem, know go and burn much fuel.
            BWP

Comment

Working...
            X